Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fletch

Stick length for training on feet vs. on ice

Am I the only one who has a couple dryland sticks set to mirror in length what my sticks measure up to when I am on skates?  On one hand, it sucks because I can't train with my game sticks but it always made sense to me to do the best possible thing to reflect how I would handle the puck on ice.  On skates, my butt end comes up to just over the tip of my chin so I have my training sticks the same length when I am in shoes.  Just wanted to see if the difference is marginal to others or if it makes sense to do that.  When I try to use my game sticks on a shooter board while in shoes, it just doesn't feel right due to the extra length.  Any feedback would be appreciated :)

i agree with you completely. Would you play a game with a stick that is 3" longer? So why would you practice with what will be a longer stick when in shoes? Cut them to a shorter length so they are similar in body position and keep working on that muscle repetition.

Howdy,

So do you folks cut the stick so that when its vertical up against your body, it ends in the same spot as when you're on skates?  Or do you cut more, to account for the angle the shaft is at when its actually in use?

I.e. if the stick is held at a 45 deg angle, you'd need to cut ~4.5" off to get a 3" vertical reduction in height.

Mark