Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jgscenter

Verbero Experience

So I've been an equipment obsessed player for over 26 years now (the first step is admitting you have a problem) and I just had the best customer service experience in my life. 

With USA hockey telling me the Cypress Skate is coming soon again this month I decided to see what little info the customer service would give me on the skates.  Man did they ever surpass my pessimistic expectations.  25 emails later this is what I know.

-Cypress isn't just a skate, it's a skate line with the intermediate skate releasing like this month

-The Cypress Pro+, like the Vortex 2, will be on the level of the top skates from the old guard except hand made.

-toe cap is titanium 

-The Cypress fit will be along the lines of Vapor fit

-The Pro+ will be available with Verbero's carbon holder (which will probably be crazy light) or the Quikblade holder

-the Quikblade holder was developed buy one of the original Tuuk guys  

-according to the Quikblade guys, it's rivets line up with Tuuk in case you change your mind on the holder later

I've never had a company be more helpful and even better I love what I heard.  I will be buying these skates so expect an unboxing and that all important first hand user review once I get them.  

The sappy part...

As a long time player and coach, I really appreciate what Verbero is doing.  Selling high quality products at a fair price is rare these days and more importantly it's good for hockey.  Players shouldn't have to be hockey broke and neither should parents.  Hockey can't continue to grow if the equipment isn't  attainable, Verbero is a step in the right direction. 

As an aside

I've seen seen one pair of Vortex 1 in the wild, the guy said they were the lightest thing he's picked up and that he loved them.   I was impressed with what I held and the Vortex 2 upgraded everything over what I saw that morning for what it's worth.

No one asked me the write this, it's just my opinion.