Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
nutters

2017-2018 Gear Sightings

On 8/5/2017 at 9:35 PM, the_game said:

Who cares about his gloves, look at those skates! Those are some sexy wheels he's rocking.

Look like Bauer 2000's... I had a pair of those in the mid 90's that I picked up at Play it Again Sports, I loved them, protec-toe and all haha

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:35 PM, the_game said:

Who cares about his gloves, look at those skates! Those are some sexy wheels he's rocking.

They are the skates he wore with the Flyers in '92. They used to call him "Crafty" Craven. Maybe it should have been "Thrifty".

I also had a pair of Custom 1000 but with black Tuuks in 1996.. Played 2 seasons in them, and the skates still looked like brand new.. The quality of hockey gear was much better in the -90's.. 

Edited by swede
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Those are really unfortunate.

Those are better than I thought they would be given what their home unis look like.

27 minutes ago, cjpritch said:

Those are better than I thought they would be given what their home unis look like.

The yellow is looks really subdued, which I'm not a fan of. Unless it's just a bad photo.

Kind of reminds me of, for example, the Penguins and Oilers and how both of them finally went back to their bold color schemes. Nashville seems to have done the opposite, unless like I said, its a bad photo. 

4 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

The yellow is looks really subdued, which I'm not a fan of. Unless it's just a bad photo.

Kind of reminds me of, for example, the Penguins and Oilers and how both of them finally went back to their bold color schemes. Nashville seems to have done the opposite, unless like I said, its a bad photo. 

Fair point, I think that we will have to wait and see what the full set looks like on the ice

Is there any update on posting the new Bauer catalog (and CCM for that matter)? I remember JR mentioned they asked him to wait till the 1X was released.  Have they continued to embargo the catalog? Do they not want it released at all?

Now that all of the Bauer product is out, I'll be able to post it.  Same as Warrior.

CCM does not want their catalogues posted anymore.  They feel that it is a trade document and not something that is meant for consumers.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JunkyardAthletic said:

How very CCM of them. They seem to forget that they're still not #1...

They're getting pretty close.

But yea, I loved flipping through catalogues when I was working at a pro shop. Would hate to not be able to flip through them as a consumer.

• Like 1

They have a point though - It isn't designed for the consumer, its designed for a retailer. And I'm not sure the consumer needs to know their marketing direction or every option for every item they make - and your big etailers don't even stock every option, so why mention that your store could have orderd the P15 105 flex LH in the SuperTacks 2.0 if they so chose back in November? It just sets it up for a great way to lose a sale IMHO. There are enough images and product information out there on the internet, and so long as that information remains fair and truthful, you don't need to put up another source.

Also CCM is definitely making leaps. Usually its 1 step forward and 2 steps back - but with their current skate offering, pro-stock stick sales, the Tacks helmets and their goalie line, now they may be making 2 steps forward and 1 step back. Next season is going to be pivotal in their long-term success - first full year under new ownership, 3rd iteration of the Tacks skate, scaled back stick launches, less popular goalie line coming out and arguably their less popular protective line getting a face lift - it'll be interesting to see how they handle it. They still have a ways to go to catch Bauer overall, and I think they're still #2 in skates, sticks, helmets, gloves, protective, masks...pretty much everything except goalie equipment...but the gap isn't as large as its perceived. 

Historically we could have 100% Bauer gear in here and be just fine... this is probably the first  year where our sales would hurt if we were just 100% Bauer. Saying that, a store full of Bauer VS a store full of CCM...Bauer store will do better still, hands down.

1 hour ago, raganblink said:

They have a point though - It isn't designed for the consumer, its designed for a retailer. And I'm not sure the consumer needs to know their marketing direction or every option for every item they make - and your big etailers don't even stock every option, so why mention that your store could have orderd the P15 105 flex LH in the SuperTacks 2.0 if they so chose back in November? It just sets it up for a great way to lose a sale IMHO. There are enough images and product information out there on the internet, and so long as that information remains fair and truthful, you don't need to put up another source.

Also CCM is definitely making leaps. Usually its 1 step forward and 2 steps back - but with their current skate offering, pro-stock stick sales, the Tacks helmets and their goalie line, now they may be making 2 steps forward and 1 step back. Next season is going to be pivotal in their long-term success - first full year under new ownership, 3rd iteration of the Tacks skate, scaled back stick launches, less popular goalie line coming out and arguably their less popular protective line getting a face lift - it'll be interesting to see how they handle it. They still have a ways to go to catch Bauer overall, and I think they're still #2 in skates, sticks, helmets, gloves, protective, masks...pretty much everything except goalie equipment...but the gap isn't as large as its perceived. 

Historically we could have 100% Bauer gear in here and be just fine... this is probably the first  year where our sales would hurt if we were just 100% Bauer. Saying that, a store full of Bauer VS a store full of CCM...Bauer store will do better still, hands down.

MSH members aren't just 'consumers.' They like to know what is behind the product. What goes into making the product. CCM can do what it wants. I don't think you can treat people here on this forum the same way you would an average consumer who will just walk into a proshop or buy online without blinking. MSH gives you that insight and take that away doesn't seem to jive well with what this forum presents. At least that's how I see it...

Edited by 215BroadStBullies610
  • Like 4

Whether the catalog is here or not we are still getting in-depth discussion on product. The only difference is you just have to go to CCM's site to view their current offerings and description/marketing jabber. I think we'll survive without the catalog since if you're here then you can just as easily peruse the CCM site on the interwebs.

38 minutes ago, chippa13 said:

Whether the catalog is here or not we are still getting in-depth discussion on product. The only difference is you just have to go to CCM's site to view their current offerings and description/marketing jabber. I think we'll survive without the catalog since if you're here then you can just as easily peruse the CCM site on the interwebs.

The catalog will be posted online somewhere, one way or the other, whether its by modsquad or someone else. Information wants to be free... CCM can't control that. Not making it available to the membership here is not helpful to CCM in broadening their user base.

This forum is not an "average consumer" forum. We may not all work in retail, however we all seem to have some retail-level desire to understand the equipment landscape and get beyond the marketing-speak. The catalogs help to do that. Credit to Bauer for making theirs available. I hope CCM reconsiders.

colins

• Like 1

You're posting here so you have access to the internet, correct? Guess what, CCM will have all of their product on their site, also on the internet. Bauer is only allowing the catalog to be posted after gear is released so it really makes no difference, well, unless actually navigating to the CCM site is too much of a hardship. The catalogs don't give you any further information that cannot be gleaned from the manufacturer websites.

18 minutes ago, chippa13 said:

You're posting here so you have access to the internet, correct? Guess what, CCM will have all of their product on their site, also on the internet. Bauer is only allowing the catalog to be posted after gear is released so it really makes no difference, well, unless actually navigating to the CCM site is too much of a hardship. The catalogs don't give you any further information that cannot be gleaned from the manufacturer websites.

I agree with you. Then why would CCM limit the catalog though? Did people in the trade have an issue with? If CCM had come out and used your wording/reasoning, I'd have no problem with it. To pull it from a site like MSH tells me that CCM, based on their reasoning, sees us members as just 'consumers.' I don't see us members as just 'consumers.' It just puts me off a little ha. Hockey is expensive and its consumer base is small. I don't see how this helps CCM. And maybe this isn't a big deal ha. It just doesn't make any sense (based on the reasoning provided).