Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

psulion22

Vapor 1X locker bag?

Some of the online retailers are starting to list the new 1X locker bag.  Has anyone actually seen one yet?  It's a similar idea to the Grit tower format, but the interior isn't as segmented.  It's almost like a regular wheeled bag that can stand up on its own.  The Grit bags are small inside for their overall size, so I've generally ruled them out.  But this looks like it may have a better form factor.  Also, the one I've seen listed is 37".  Is there going to be a 33/34" version?

rs.php?path=BVXLWB-BKR-1.jpg&nw=300

I’d be all over it as I won’t use a bag that doesn’t have wheels, but without the segmentation I wouldn’t be interested. The “every item has it’s place” thing is most of the reason I love GRIT so much.

13 hours ago, Jgscenter said:

doesn't matter the shape, I'll never buy a wheel bag. 

That said the GRIT carry bag is really nice  

If I was buying a carry bag it's either going to be a Grit Pod, Pacific Rink, or the Warrior Pro. But for some reason, a carry bag destroys my shoulders. I end up with bruises if I use a single shoulder carry bag. So I have to use a backpack to spread out the weight. And those look dumber than a wheel bag. 

13 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I’d be all over it as I won’t use a bag that doesn’t have wheels, but without the segmentation I wouldn’t be interested. The “every item has it’s place” thing is most of the reason I love GRIT so much.

I have the Grit Sumo for my goalie gear. I think the design and quality of that bag makes it hold up better than any other goalie bag. But for player gear, the design takes up too much of the space inside the bag. I tried to put my gear into the 33" player bag in the store, and it didn't come close to fitting. I could probably have adjusted it a little and gotten all the gear in. But it would have been more crammed than in my 27" backpack bag. I just want to be able to fit everything in easily without having to play Tetris, but not have the bag gigantic. The locker rooms at two of the rinks I play at are tiny, and floor space is at a premium. I like having the bag stand up so I have everything right in front of me, and the bag then also has a smaller footprint. So, the 36" Grit is just too big. This Bauer one looks like it has a division like the Grit for the helmet and skates, but the rest is a big open space. I was hoping they'd offer a 33/34" version that would fit everything easier. 

bauer-hockey-equipment-bag-pro-15-med-in

I've been using the Bauer Pro 15 bag.  The straps can be used together like a traditional carry bag or separate like a backpack.  It has 2 compartments + 1 dedicated helmet pocket.  I used this when I was playing in Asia and had no issues lugging it on a 45 minute train ride.  At the rink we changed into our gear inside a tent.

Hi !

I play ice and roller hockey on the same day. Do you think all the equipment is in this bag ?

[ Ice pant (Nexus 1000), shoulder pads (Easton S19), 2 pairs of skate, helmets, glove, off-ice equipements, ... ]

Thanks for yours answers.