Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SoftwareDev

Nashville 2017-18

Will they be an average team during the season like this past year regular season, or will playoff success carry over and they  make playoffs at a more respectable seed than 16 for the 17-18 season?

A little too early to know. Do they replace Neal's scoring? When does Johansen return and how effective will he be? Which Pekka Rinne shows up? Some big questions right there.

18 hours ago, chippa13 said:

A little too early to know. Do they replace Neal's scoring? When does Johansen return and how effective will he be? Which Pekka Rinne shows up? Some big questions right there.

Pekka choked in Pittsburgh all there was to it. 

I don't see Johanssen being any different of a player unless the hit made him a bit more timid. I've read that folks who have compartment syndrome surgery recover and get back to normal pretty easily, all things considered, with no sides.

As for Neal, I think they have some younger guys that are up and coming that can help mitigate that loss, but you're right, that's a big hole to fill and not one younger guy can replace Neal. 

As a CBJ guy, I must say that Hartnell was pretty significant factor in Columbus. He is a tough, rugged guy who can be a real pain in the opponents ass. He fits right in, but not sure if whatever he can bring, was missing in Nashville. I thought they would want a couple of quick-hands.