Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jackal3688

Roenick curve?

I remember a few years back, Easton had a Roenick curve. From what i've heard from the site, they make a similar pattern today called the "styles 97" curve I beleive. What kind of curve is that or what is it similar too, and is it like a pro stock pattern? And does anyone where can I get a OPS or composite blade in this pattern?

I believe the Styles 97 pattern is just Roenicks Pro curve, also known as the RP, which is pretty different from the old Easton Roenick. The RP is similar to a YP, but without as much loft.

Styles is Jeremy Roenick's nickname and 97 is his jersey number. He gets Styles 97 on the nameplate on his stick. The official name of the pattern is Roenick Pro.

Ahhh I thought, on the sticks at least, that was the difference on the patterns. Or the RP is the lefty and Styles in the righty. I remember Marcelo saying something about it, but I'll be damned if I remember.

I have a lefty RP100 that I bought from ponty. Blade is bit longer than Drury, lower, rockers more and lie is different and curving spreads out to larger area than in drury.

Cyclone Taylor's here in Vancouver has righty RP synergies for $160 cdn. The flex is around 100.

They also had Mike Fisher synergies (righty, around 85 flex, retail sakic clone) for the same price. Gloves - 15" nylon quest 1's for $100 cdn. Some in all black and some sweet team Canada ones with the team Canada logo embroidered on the cuff.

Guest Marcelo Cordoba
I remember a few years back, Easton had a Roenick curve.  From what i've heard from the site, they make a similar pattern today called the "styles 97" curve I beleive.  What kind of curve is that or what is it similar too, and is it like a pro stock pattern? And does anyone where can I get a OPS or composite blade in this pattern?

Since nobody answered your question, I will try.

The Roenick that you are asking about from a couple of years back was more like the Shanahan of today.

Styles 97 is JR's pro pattern, which is cloned by many other companies for pro players.

EDIT: My understanding of the "RP" pattern is that it was JR's first pattern. I do believe Styles 97 is different, although I could be mistaken.

Here is a picture of the RP100 and the Styles from some ebay auctions. Looks like they are slightly different if it helps any.

roenicksynergys7jx.jpg

I remember a few years back, Easton had a Roenick curve.  From what i've heard from the site, they make a similar pattern today called the "styles 97" curve I beleive.  What kind of curve is that or what is it similar too, and is it like a pro stock pattern? And does anyone where can I get a OPS or composite blade in this pattern?

Since nobody answered your question, I will try.

The Roenick that you are asking about from a couple of years back was more like the Shanahan of today.

Styles 97 is JR's pro pattern, which is cloned by many other companies for pro players.

EDIT: My understanding of the "RP" pattern is that it was JR's first pattern. I do believe Styles 97 is different, although I could be mistaken.

Yea, thanks marcelo. I remember it being like a slight mid toe blade with a closed face similar to the shanahan, except the roenick had a round toe. Does anyone know where I can find a blade similar to this? A slight mid-toe curved blade with a closed face and a round toe? I've been dying to find something like this for ages.

I have one of the lefty wood Roenicks in the shop. One of the wholesalers had more in stock, I can see if they still have them.

Thanks, if you can find one in a righty, thatd be great.

Only Leftys available from them in closeouts, sorry.

They're not really similar. They're both heel curves with a 5 lie but the jokinen has some toe to it and is about 1/4" deeper than the RP/Styles. The Styles is a very small heel curve (maybe 1/4" or smaller) and very open. The toe is completely straight.

Yea, and not to mention different than the curve I'm talking about. Marcelo knows what I'm talking about. Its a little different than the styles curve.

They're not really similar. They're both heel curves with a 5 lie but the jokinen has some toe to it and is about 1/4" deeper than the RP/Styles. The Styles is a very small heel curve (maybe 1/4" or smaller) and very open. The toe is completely straight.

The Styles is deeper than 1/4"

Funny to find conversation about Roenick curve , laced them up last year first time in years...Don't care too much for the composites I did find a two piece Easton with Roenick pattern wood blade., Does anyone know where I can find them ? Thanks..