Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty22

Hockey Passer/Rebounder options

I'm looking for an on ice passing aid for my son's youth hockey org.  This seems like the perfect price (the larger on ice model is outside of our budget) .https://www.xhockeyproducts.com/give-n-go-hockey-passing-aid-30.html    Has anyone modified this unit for use on ice?  I'm thinking it shouldn't be too difficult to attach spikes/teeth to the ends to anchor it in place.  Any other options you know of?   Thanks.

If that's the same product I've seen reviews on, it already has spikes and is ready to use in the ice. It's a really good rebounder. 

Edit: sorry I just woke up, and after a second, realized the product title said off ice.  

My only concern would be how well the rubber deals with the cold. 

I have the hockeyshot one in my basement for dry land. Really hard passes don't rebound but most passes come back unless it's on the edge of the band.The spikes also slowly loosen from the hockeyshot tiles and you have to stick it in again. If I had to buy one again I would have purchased the triangle one with bands on all sides. Never tested on the ice.

Howdy,

On 9/25/2017 at 10:03 PM, Monty22 said:

Great feedback- thanks guys. Ordered the Passmaster. 

Any update here?

I'm getting really sick of my HockeyShot extreme passer having pucks hit something and not rebound.  It seems like unless the puck is perfectly flat, it doesn't rebound at all because the puck hits something inside it.

I'm considering either the PassMaster or the Give-n-go 30" model.  I really like the design on the Give-n-go, but of course it costs a fair bit more...

Mark

47 minutes ago, marka said:

Howdy,

Any update here?

I'm getting really sick of my HockeyShot extreme passer having pucks hit something and not rebound.  It seems like unless the puck is perfectly flat, it doesn't rebound at all because the puck hits something inside it.

I'm considering either the PassMaster or the Give-n-go 30" model.  I really like the design on the Give-n-go, but of course it costs a fair bit more...

Mark

I have both and totally agree with your frustration about the xtreme passer. Nowhere need as good as the passmaster.