Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bondoao1

Retail sticks without grip?

I was wondering if there are any retail sticks at the lower end of the price range that do not have grip on them?
I really love the CCM sticks that I have been using (both Tacks and Ribcore) but I can never seem to get used to the grip on the shafts. 
I'm on a budget and can not spend a ton on sticks so I typically only buy the lowest or next to lowest priced stick. The cheaper sticks work fine for the 1-2 pick up games a month that I play. 

Any suggestions will be appreciated. 

No.  Clear options are only available at top-end.

Buy yourself some wetsand paper (you can find it in auto parts stores.)  You want 600 grit. 

Spray the shaft down with water and just sand off the grip.  You'll have to do it several times and keep on spraying, but it works.  It won't scratch up the graphics.

20 minutes ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Buy yourself some wetsand paper (you can find it in auto parts stores.)  You want 600 grit. 

Spray the shaft down with water and just sand off the grip.  You'll have to do it several times and keep on spraying, but it works.  It won't scratch up the graphics.

I will definitely try this. Thanks for the suggestion!

1 hour ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Will that make it matte texture or clear?

On 10/16/2017 at 2:28 PM, Top Cheddar said:

Sher-Wood T30 has a matte finish at an entry level price-point.

I haven't used a Sher-Wood stick in over 20 years, and the T35 is on sale at my LHS. I think I might pick this one up. They only have PP26 and PP77 curves, I wonder which one is closest to the CCMP29.

15 hours ago, bondoao1 said:

I haven't used a Sher-Wood stick in over 20 years, and the T35 is on sale at my LHS. I think I might pick this one up. They only have PP26 and PP77 curves, I wonder which one is closest to the CCMP29.

CCM P29 would correspond with Sher-Wood PP26. Sher-Wood had a T35 regular and a T35 ABS, so if you are using it for ice I would recommend making sure to get a regular T35 and not an ABS one.

6 hours ago, Top Cheddar said:

CCM P29 would correspond with Sher-Wood PP26. Sher-Wood had a T35 regular and a T35 ABS, so if you are using it for ice I would recommend making sure to get a regular T35 and not an ABS one.

Yea the one they have is the T35 composite, not the ABS.
Thanks for the info!