Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jeffg

Bauer Fails to Honor Stick Warranty

On 9/15/2017 I purchased a Bauer 1x stick for my son online from Pure Hockey Stick serial number T1616-08292.  On 9/29/2017 he broke the stick in a game.  The stick was sent back to Bauer Warranty on 10/2/2017 (return Authorization number RA447020). The stick was received by Bauer on 10/4/2017.  The sticker was attached to the receipt and taped to the broken stick.  Bauer denied the warranty claim stating the receipt was not with the stick.  It appears Bauer lost my receipt and sticker and will not honor their warranty.

This still should not be the basis for denial, as I can go to my Pure Hockey online account and print a copy of the receipt.  Any stick I have purchased from Pure hockey, they scan the serial number on the stick.  I would assume the information from the serial number scan shows up in Pure Hockey inventory as a sold stick and that information is forwarded to Bauer showing were and when the stick was sold.  If not there appears no reason to have stickers with serial numbers on the stick. Bauer has both pieces of the broken stick, one of which includes one of the serial number sticker.

I have had to send broken sticks back to Easton in the past and never had this type of problem.  The warranties were always promptly taken care of.  While I understand no stick is perfect, I do expect for $300.00 the stick lasts more than a few games and the manufacturer to honor their warranties.

Can anyone from Bauer please help?

37 minutes ago, jeffg said:

On 9/15/2017 I purchased a Bauer 1x stick for my son online from Pure Hockey Stick serial number T1616-08292.  On 9/29/2017 he broke the stick in a game.  The stick was sent back to Bauer Warranty on 10/2/2017 (return Authorization number RA447020). The stick was received by Bauer on 10/4/2017.  The sticker was attached to the receipt and taped to the broken stick.  Bauer denied the warranty claim stating the receipt was not with the stick.  It appears Bauer lost my receipt and sticker and will not honor their warranty.

This still should not be the basis for denial, as I can go to my Pure Hockey online account and print a copy of the receipt.  Any stick I have purchased from Pure hockey, they scan the serial number on the stick.  I would assume the information from the serial number scan shows up in Pure Hockey inventory as a sold stick and that information is forwarded to Bauer showing were and when the stick was sold.  If not there appears no reason to have stickers with serial numbers on the stick. Bauer has both pieces of the broken stick, one of which includes one of the serial number sticker.

I have had to send broken sticks back to Easton in the past and never had this type of problem.  The warranties were always promptly taken care of.  While I understand no stick is perfect, I do expect for $300.00 the stick lasts more than a few games and the manufacturer to honor their warranties.

Can anyone from Bauer please help?

If you can get another copy of your receipt like you say, then just send that in.