Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

60PlusWinger

Who here uses Ribcor Reckoner/Trigger/T2?

I’ve been using retail Stealth CXs in E28 75 Flex for about 8 months now and recently picked up a pro stock Trigger 2 PMT 75 Flex P28. Yes it is 100 percent a real Trigger 2 PMT with C shaft dimensions. I remember loving the Reeboks, had a reckoner 80 Flex P28 as well but it didn’t seem to kick as hard as the Reebok. Curious to see who uses these and if I should expect a “getting used to it” period coming from the CXs because after a game of the T2 it just doesn’t seem to have as much punch to the shots and I’m the type of player that believes release quickness is all operator. 

I got one a little while back. Disclaimer, I decided to experiment with my flex and went super whippy, 40 flex whippy. Any ways, I just got back from a stick and puck session where I was using the Trigger 2. There's definitely a different feel to the stick when puck handling when compared to say Warrior QRLs, Qxs, T120, and Ek365. The blade has a more dampened feel, like the Xcore 9. But didn't notice a loss in velocity. Though, I shoot muffins regardless. I really liked the softened handle like the Tacks 2.0. Made for a really nice feel on the release.

The Trigger 2's blade goes from stiff to softer as you travel along the blade from toe to heel. That change in stiffness in the blade is intended to help out when shooting off the toe, give more snap as you flex the blade. Maybe that's where you're losing the punch.

I got mine and shot for about an hour yesterday.  At first, I did notice that it didn't have the same pop as my 1X.  I went from a 77 flex 1X to a 70 flex T2, so that may have a little to do with it.  But the load on the stick is about the same, so I don't know that I could go to a 75 T2.  Anyway, the Trigger has a little bit higher flex point.  With the softened handle and softer blade, the release isn't as fast and the puck didn't explode off the stick.  But as I learned to slow my hands down a little to let the stick catch up, more of like a mid-flex profile, shot velocity increased greatly.  Still not the same initial explosiveness, but shots were harder and "heavier" than my 1X, with better rotation and accuracy.  I hoping to get a little more pop as I adjust to optimize the profile.  It's a little strange, kind of like an "amplified" low kick because of the softened handle (and what Bauer did with the Supreme line).  It may take some more getting used to and tweaking to get full performance out of.