Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gillsley

Ribcore Pro PMT. Team stock or not ?

So I was talking to the manager at my LHS about ordering in some team stock sticks for myself and he had these Ribcore Pro PMT brought in. I’m a little weary of these being actual team stock sticks as he said and not just a mid range retail stick as it has a retail stamp on it and not a code.  Anyone out there that can confirm that this is now what CCM is doing with their team stock sticks ? mtGFEci.jpgHDvZxnO.jpgdTWI6Eq.jpgn9yzClB.jpg

Looks like an SMU.

Team stock wouldn't have a retail pattern name on it. All the team stock I've seen have been P28, P90, etc. etc. 

2 hours ago, Cavs019 said:

Looks like an SMU.

Team stock wouldn't have a retail pattern name on it. All the team stock I've seen have been P28, P90, etc. etc. 

Seconded

2 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

It’s the 2nd stick in the Ribcor line, under the Trigger2. 

Exactly what I thought. The way it was explained to me made it sound like CCM was starting to put retail names on their team stock sticks which seemed a little odd. Regardless I get to try out a new pattern at a pretty decent price. Thanks for the feedback guys. 

No, there was some confusion - the 2nd stick in the line usually has a similar construction to team stock sticks; they tend to have performing materials but are a touch heavier (and presumably, more durable.)  So, the term "team stick" is used to describe them.

19 hours ago, Cavs019 said:

Looks like an SMU.

They are not SMU. They were available to any CCM dealer.

7 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

No, there was some confusion - the 2nd stick in the line usually has a similar construction to team stock sticks; they tend to have performing materials but are a touch heavier (and presumably, more durable.)  So, the term "team stick" is used to describe them.

This is a good way to look at the Ribcor Pro. It's an improved 2nd price point stick that performs similarly to a team stick, (reinforced shaft, top-end blade construction with great balance) but with the benefit of a warranty.