Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CigarScott

2018 Olympic Pro Stock Gear

So Reebok apparently made the 11K VN helmets for the 2014 games and I'm hoping that Bauer or CCM made a helmet similar to the Reebok since it fits absurdly larges heads in it. Does anyone have any idea when the surplus pro stock from this Olympics will start trickling to the open market and where I should be looking?

Well since Reebok is CCM, I would expect CCM to be the most similar. I'm not sure what the difference between retail and pro stock CCM helmets would be though. Can you clarify?

For the last Olympics, Reebok made a pro stock helmet that wasn't a regular item that you could get at a LHS that was the 11K VN which is different than the 11K; below is an example. By using the old school padding in this helmet versus the super duper one with the knobs on the regular 11K, it was far more generous inside which allowed my 66cm head to fit in (just barely). I tried a Bauer 4500, size XL today which is along the 5100, the largest helmet on the market today and it was too narrow for my head. So I'm hoping that in the coming weeks and months the market gets flooded with surplus equipment from these games, which tends to be more generous, size wise.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Reebok-11K-VN-Olympics-Pro-Stock-Return-size-large-L-red-ice-hockey-helmet/142392759704?epid=909815258&hash=item2127451598:g:gc4AAOSwuMZZJZUU

I bet every company has a prostock model that is their top tier helmet with VN padding inside. I have a Warrior Krown with VN padding I bought at an AHL sale. Unless you are looking for a hyper specific color scheme or flag stickers, I don't know why it would need to be Olympic related.  

Check out eBay and gear swap/sale sites and you'll find some. 

I don't have any specific color desires or anything like that. I just figured that the stuff from the Olympics would be the latest and greatest stuff and would hopefully be the most generous size-wise. That Reebok helmet that I got is the only one that I've found to have advertised that it fit a head bigger than a 8 1/8 hat size. It claimed to go to 8 1/2 but I'm 8 1/4 and my head BARELY squeezes into it. If you see any AHL pro stock stuff that accommodate giant heads, arms, and shins, I'm all ears. :)

Hockey Monkey has the CCM HT12V pro stock helmet, rebranded Reebok 11k. I know what you mean about sizing, the 11k VN is the only helmet I found to fit my massive brick like dome without pinching.