Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ParabolicActivity

CCM SB4.0 Holder

I am relatively new so I apologize if this doesn't belong here. I am wondering if there is something wrong with the CCM SB4.0 holder. Pros with CCM skates seem to either keep using their older holders or use the Bauer holders. I also see folks here talking about replacing them as an upgrade. They feel fine on my skates but am I missing something?

Nope, nothing wrong with them.  Most of the NHL guys are on Tuuk Edge holders because that's what the equipment managers want them on.  Easier to deal with runner issues during a game.  If the SB4.0 holders are good enough for the fastest skater in the NHL, they are fine for any beer leaguer. 

I'm 6'2"/ 230lbs, I'm obviously not going to compare my skating to an NHLers in terms of power (or anything for that matter).

However, all things being equal, I do consider myself a very strong skater. 

I've never had any problems with "torque", or the holder ever feeling anything but solid on my Ribcor's and Tacks. 

1 hour ago, OzziesDad said:

I'm 6'2"/ 230lbs, I'm obviously not going to compare my skating to an NHLers in terms of power (or anything for that matter).

However, all things being equal, I do consider myself a very strong skater. 

I've never had any problems with "torque", or the holder ever feeling anything but solid on my Ribcor's and Tacks. 

What generation/specific model of Robcors are you on? How were they in terms of durability?I’m 6’3 240 and I’m concerned that the 70ks may be too soft and break down prematurely.

I'm not the one who has had a lot of experience fitting players into CCM skates even though I have Jetspeeds. I will defer to someone who has far more experience in this matter (@oldtrainerguy28) and who has seen first hand players twisting and commenting on the holder. The post is in another thread about SB4.0 holders.

Found the post: 

15 hours ago, Vet88 said:

Some find them a bit soft with too much torque so they swap them out for Tuuks but keep the boot.

My understanding is the LS Edge holder is actually LESS stiff as compared to the Graf Cobra, VH/Step and SB 4.0 holders. 

1 hour ago, jared9356 said:

What generation/specific model of Robcors are you on? How were they in terms of durability?I’m 6’3 240 and I’m concerned that the 70ks may be too soft and break down prematurely.

The 70k feels way soft out of the box. The fit also doesn't work for me, they feel sloppy. Trying to change to the 70k from a Super Tack or an FT1 was impossible. 

2 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

The 70k feels way soft out of the box. The fit also doesn't work for me, they feel sloppy. Trying to change to the 70k from a Super Tack or an FT1 was impossible. 

It seems like you prefer everything with your skates to be very stiff? To that respect do you find the SB4.0 to be stronger than the LS holders?

The SB4.0 holders are plenty stiff. They are stiffer than LS2's were and are pretty much the same as LS Edge.

On 2/25/2018 at 5:47 PM, ParabolicActivity said:

It seems like you prefer everything with your skates to be very stiff? To that respect do you find the SB4.0 to be stronger than the LS holders?

I don't know if I would say stronger, but it seems more durable. Through biggest complaint I have is the amount of work involved changing the steel in a SB holder vs everything else. It takes twice as long if not longer to seal steel sets. 

2 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

I don't know if I would say stronger, but it seems more durable. Through biggest complaint I have is the amount of work involved changing the steel in a SB holder vs everything else. It takes twice as long if not longer to seal steel sets. 

I enjoy the work. Just like I love taping my stick or having any reason to mess with my gear. Especially my skates because they're awesome. I see why a pro equipment guy may require it to be much faster but I love taking the times to do it.