Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VegasHockey

Frustrated with Customer Service from Pure Hockey and True Hockey /rant

1 hour ago, stick9 said:

Here's the issue. There was an assumption that the level of service received would be higher than any other customer. Treating customers differently based on the products they buy or how much they spend is bad business. Everyone who walks through the door is important. There was also an assumption....or maybe an expectation that a manufacturer would add a personal touch by emailing or dropping shipping direct. Scale that up to everyone who buys their product and you have a logistical nightmare. Consider the staff they'd need to actually make that work and make it work seamlessly.

I don't believe Apple to be any more or less personal than their competitors. Sure, you get better service at an Apple store but everyone who walks in receives that same level of service. They sell direct and their margins and volume is way bigger, and most of all, they want you in their ecosystem (iTunes, Apple Music). Same goes for Amazon. Should be noted that those two companies are giants. They could buy up Pure and True and not even realize where the money went.

Correction. I never assumed customer service would be "better than any other customer." That is ridiculous. I expected it to reflect the fact I was making a significant purchase. 

Look at the difference in customer service when you buy a Tesla vs other great cars like a BMW or Mercedes. Tesla goes the extra mile even though the cost of vehicles is fairly equal. You get consistent updated from them throughout the whole process. 

If True Hockey wants to say "Our customer are saying we have the best skate on the market", Scott's words, not mine, then you need to have customer service that reflects that. 

If you aren't going to sell direct you should also make sure your retail locations also reflect the same values of your company as well. 

It would be the same for someone selling a product via third party on Amazon. In the end, customers always will hold Amazon accountable for their experience. If Amazon allows poor third-party sellers and the experience is bad Amazon will address the issue with the manufacturer or seller. 

The same with Costco. If you buy something from Costco and it's defective, Costco assumes responsibility and then addresses it with the manufacturer. If there are too many issues with the manufacturer Costco stops selling their product. 

Everyone plays a part in the entire consumer experience and no one involved, not even logistics, gets off the hook. 

These are still set to be delivered in San Jose today. True built and shipped the skates within 6 days of order confirmation with them so I was surprised to see how quickly they turned them around. You should have these within the next day or two. Let me know what you think or if there is anything else I can do. 

6 minutes ago, Tyler Roy said:

These are still set to be delivered in San Jose today. True built and shipped the skates within 6 days of order confirmation with them so I was surprised to see how quickly they turned them around. You should have these within the next day or two. Let me know what you think or if there is anything else I can do. 

True absolutely exceeded any expectations and I am still amazed they built a custom skate within a week. That's so fast it's almost scary! Where they could use some help is perhaps making the process more transparent to the end customer. Even if its an email saying "we got your order and its in process" or "your order has shipped", either of these would not only make a customer happy but also lessen the amount of email they get with customers bothering them asking for status updates. 

4 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

Correction. I never assumed customer service would be "better than any other customer." That is ridiculous. I expected it to reflect the fact I was making a significant purchase. 

Look at the difference in customer service when you buy a Tesla vs other great cars like a BMW or Mercedes. Tesla goes the extra mile even though the cost of vehicles is fairly equal. You get consistent updated from them throughout the whole process. 

If True Hockey wants to say "Our customer are saying we have the best skate on the market", Scott's words, not mine, then you need to have customer service that reflects that. 

If you aren't going to sell direct you should also make sure your retail locations also reflect the same values of your company as well. 

It would be the same for someone selling a product via third party on Amazon. In the end, customers always will hold Amazon accountable for their experience. If Amazon allows poor third-party sellers and the experience is bad Amazon will address the issue with the manufacturer or seller. 

The same with Costco. If you buy something from Costco and it's defective, Costco assumes responsibility and then addresses it with the manufacturer. If there are too many issues with the manufacturer Costco stops selling their product. 

Everyone plays a part in the entire consumer experience and no one involved, not even logistics, gets off the hook. 

At a store that carries multiple skates in the $899-$950 range and sticks that run close to $300 a pop, I would hardly consider $1300 a "significant purchase", your words, not mine. 

But hey, it's all good. You got your custom skates less than a week from the date of order. All seems kind of silly now doesn't it....

1 hour ago, stick9 said:

At a store that carries multiple skates in the $899-$950 range and sticks that run close to $300 a pop, I would hardly consider $1300 a "significant purchase", your words, not mine. 

But hey, it's all good. You got your custom skates less than a week from the date of order. All seems kind of silly now doesn't it....

No. I don't think its "silly." If no one ever speaks up about issues then issues never get fixed and the process never improves. I would consider it feedback and constructive criticism. Hence why I started my entire email with  " don't want whine.... but I kinda of expect white glove service when I spend $1300 on a pair of skates."

Also, regardless of the store carrying a plethora of $899+ skates how much of that inventory do you think sells constantly? As someone who has invested in opening a hockey shop, I can assure you that sales of high-end skates are few and far between. 

10 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I don't get why you would expect white glove service for a nothing special transaction? 

The whole process is very hands-on and not a "nothing special" transaction. When was the last time you bought skates and they scanned your feet?

27 minutes ago, Nicholas G said:

The whole process is very hands-on and not a "nothing special" transaction. When was the last time you bought skates and they scanned your feet?

And this is why telling an entire generation "you are special" everyday was a big mistake.

5 minutes ago, chippa13 said:

And this is why telling an entire generation "you are special" everyday was a big mistake.

Oh God. Seriously? Why are you even going there? Don't take the subject off topic. 

8 minutes ago, chippa13 said:

I'd agree that was a mistake, but I don't think its the root of the problem in this scenario.

I think what @Nicholas G is trying to say is that larger companies like Amazon, Costco, and Apple have raised the bar in their customer service and communication with customers. Maybe other retailers, including hockey retailers, could be adapting more.

That's how I'm interpreting @Nicholas G's opinion at least. I don't think it comes from being an "entitled millennial". Customer service improves and has the bar raise more and more, with that with also raise expectations from consumers more and more.

24 minutes ago, theinfamoust94 said:

I'd agree that was a mistake, but I don't think its the root of the problem in this scenario.

I think what @Nicholas G is trying to say is that larger companies like Amazon, Costco, and Apple have raised the bar in their customer service and communication with customers. Maybe other retailers, including hockey retailers, could be adapting more.

That's how I'm interpreting @Nicholas G's opinion at least. I don't think it comes from being an "entitled millennial". Customer service improves and has the bar raise more and more, with that with also raise expectations from consumers more and more.

Very well put. I could not have said it better myself. 

42 minutes ago, theinfamoust94 said:

The only communication that was needed was pure to tell the customer when they arrived, and when he can expect them.  Nothing else in the supply chain is relevant to the end customer.

1 hour ago, Nicholas G said:

About a month and a half ago... Pretty common these days.

2 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

Ummm really... everyone and their mother can do this.  I bought customs and waited patiently for 8 weeks.  No big deal.  Truly (see what I did there. ) spending $1300 is not a big deal in this game and neither is getting customs anymore.  Suck it up buttercup!

On 2/25/2018 at 7:45 PM, Tyler Roy said:

OP and rest of the MSH group overseeing this thread. In efforts to not make this too much of a retailer post(I work for Pure), I will be in office tomorrow and in direct contact with our San Jose store so as soon as those skates are delivered we can get them repackaged and shipped back out to the customer. Shipping to store the order was placed at is True policy and I apologize if you were told otherwise by anybody at our company. My goal is to deliver on that service that you expect and make the best of the less than ideal situation that we have here. 

Again, not trying to make this a retailer post or spam in anyway. Just wanted to follow-up with the customer. I look forward to the review and I am sure you will love the skates. 

Best,

Tyler 

Nice !!!!!!👍👍

8 hours ago, Wolfpack_1986 said:

The only communication that was needed was pure to tell the customer when they arrived, and when he can expect them.  Nothing else in the supply chain is relevant to the end customer.

I agree.. Communication of when they arrived and we he can expect them is all thats needed. Isn't that exactly what he's been saying whats been missing in his communication with Pure Hockey? Because that's the only two things I've been talking about and what I've been seeing as the primary concern from OP.. 

7 hours ago, theinfamoust94 said:

I agree.. Communication of when they arrived and we he can expect them is all thats needed. Isn't that exactly what he's been saying whats been missing in his communication with Pure Hockey? Because that's the only two things I've been talking about and what I've been seeing as the primary concern from OP.. 

Lol no. He wanted to know each iterative step that occured between pure and true. And quite frankly, the expectation that supply chain updates be provided to a customer that spent $1300 is incredulous.  This isn't a $20MM piece of equipment.

25 minutes ago, Wolfpack_1986 said:

Lol no. He wanted to know each iterative step that occured between pure and true. And quite frankly, the expectation that supply chain updates be provided to a customer that spent $1300 is incredulous.  This isn't a $20MM piece of equipment.

Ordered a pair of True’s a month ago, was told by my retailer that you should expect the skates to arrive in 4 weeks, they arrived in 2 weeks to the day and I was very happy with that. Didn’t expect any updates unless they were not going to be arriving within the 4 week window. Skates have been great so far. 

1 hour ago, Wolfpack_1986 said:

No. I did NOT want every interactive step. The fact I didn't even get an "order has been placed" email confirmation or any confirmation at all until I personally reached out, is not normal. Also, not sure about you @Wolfpack_1986 but the fact is $1300 is a lot of money for some people. That is the difference between them paying rent, car payment, insurance and groceries for an entire month. 

70.23% of the population makes less than $50k and 42.87% make less than less than $25k. 

Just because $1300 is not a lot of money to YOU doesn't mean that the case with everyone. Stop being so narrow-minded

$1300 is not a lot of money to a hockey store is the point. It's certainly not enough to warrant any sort of special treatment. 

If you did the fitting in person then I'm not sure why you'd expect an email confirmation from Pure. 

5 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

$1300 is not a lot of money to a hockey store is the point. It's certainly not enough to warrant any sort of special treatment. 

If you did the fitting in person then I'm not sure why you'd expect an email confirmation from Pure. 

Because if you go to Apple, Best Buy, or pretty much any retailer and they place a special order you get some type of confirmation. I literally got NO confirmation other than a receipt. Not even a "your scans are good" confirmation. Shit, even when I have ordered custom from CCM they send me information on when the item was going into production, when it shipped and tracking information.

Also, full disclosure. I am an investor in a hockey shop and will soon be a True Fit retailer. I absolutely will provide white glove service to my customers. This is what separates big box retailers from the rest. Who do you think has sold more VH/True Skates, Westside Skate in NY or Pure? 

@Nicholas G $1.3K is decent coin to the majority of us MS-ers but it isn't to Pure Hockey. Now, if selling True/VH skates were a main/significant portion of PH's business, I think your expectations would be more realistic. The reality is that selling these skates aren't going to keep the lights on for PH. Based on what people have said, it seems the process works well as it stands.

Just now, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

@Nicholas G $1.3K is decent coin to the majority of us MS-ers but it isn't to Pure Hockey. Now, if selling True/VH skates were a main/significant portion of PH's business, I think your expectations would be more realistic. The reality is that selling these skates aren't going to keep the lights on for PH. Based on what people have said, it seems the process works well as it stands.

The fact is I have heard complaints from many people that the process was less than perfect. In fact, recently, I have heard more complaints than ever. Obviously, as production ramps up so do issues as well in supply chain management and customer service.