Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
mjpisat

New true sticks?

Sign me up for a MC2 HT. 

Interesting that it's being called MC2 and not HC2, I've never heard anyone refer to a Modano as a mid...:ph34r:

Edited by Cavs019

On 3/10/2018 at 11:51 AM, Zac911 said:

HT is it's own line;  however,  it does use the same nomenclature as SBP as it correlates to price points ( For now just the 6.0 ).   

Every year mfg's change the names / numerology of their product around and it generally has to do with being sneaky about raising prices throughout the line.  It also keeps customers very confused ( this is by design ).

TRUE is sticking with the 6.0,  5.2,  4.5,  2.2 and 1.0 much the same way automotive mfg's do with their models.  Therefore the last generation of 6.0SBP is referred to as 2016 6.0SBP and this new model is 2018 6.0SBP.  

Many dealers are very frustrated by the " relentless launch of new and innovative products " that leaves them with a short life cycle and having to resort to discounting to move it.  Mfg's are doing this as a way to keep dealers shelves buried in their product and customers left just buying whatever the price point is while paying less attention to details.

It would have been my preference to have 3 price points in the HT line;  however,  the trick is launching those and in which timeframes you do so.  I have some thoughts and ideas on this;  however,  since I know a few product mgr's that read this site I won't share more than I already have.  Borrowing other peoples ideas and slapping a brand name on it does not make you a good product manager.

For now we have chosen to blend the launch and we absolutely have a plan.  

The feedback we have received on the HT from players that shoot Low Kick has been extremely strong.

There are a few things that I completely agree upon.  One of the issues is that OEM's refuse to provide as much information as other OEM's do or did.  I am one that really gets torqued when I hear that Brand A or Brand B has us on limiting the catalogs on certain time frames.  Part of the equation is trying to know what is available or going to be available.  Lets just state stick curves (but applies to other products as well).

Without the consumer knowing the options available for curve options...why spend the big bucks when your left in the dark.  2 piece sticks allow the smart player/shopper to work on these things.  Unfortunately that means those options are dwindling as well as Warrior is bowing out of that market (even though they have a ton of pros who play 2 piece rigs).

My point on knowing about stick curves is if your looking for a certain curve you need to know if its even available and if so what model or line to go shopping for.  Once you realize you can only find curve X in the S19 line or the APX2 line, you know either your spending $$$ or you just take curve Y.  Otherwise you get people who are window shopping looking for something they might think IS available and the retail staff don't know beans about the product they are assisting you with.

I am a goof that would be willing to buy custom blades (of popular models) and then try to resell the extra, as I don't go through that many myself.  I know that there is a market there though for players like me.

7 hours ago, mjpisat said:

Weird....today is the day and can’t find them anywhere 

https://www.prohockeylife.com/collections/true-hockey-sticks/products/true-a6-0-sbp-sr-hockey-stick-2018?variant=6766551859239

Link True has on their website. Only a limited supply and only for one website. Is that normal?

34 minutes ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

https://www.prohockeylife.com/collections/true-hockey-sticks/products/true-a6-0-sbp-sr-hockey-stick-2018?variant=6766551859239

Link True has on their website. Only a limited supply and only for one website. Is that normal?

A Canadian website, mind you, which means no US shipping. 

On 3/15/2018 at 1:57 PM, getthekidthepuck said:

sorry a bit off topic, but who are the other pro's besides chara,marleau and thorton that use 2 piece set up?

Big buff - Dustin Byfuglien uses a 2 pc as well. 

I am sure others do too...usually a good tip off is when they are painting the blade and lower hosel. I know some do that to "tidy-up" a rough stick...but almost all 2 pc users mask their sticks this way.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2018 at 5:02 PM, Jamarquan said:

@Zac911 Are you able to provide any insight?

Almost 3 days and no response from an otherwise active rep for True.  I bet something fishy's going on. 

1 hour ago, Neo5370 said:

Almost 3 days and no response from an otherwise active rep for True.  I bet something fishy's going on. 

You got me.  I had knee surgery and am taking care of myself.  I totally confess.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/15/2018 at 2:02 PM, Jamarquan said:

@Zac911 Are you able to provide any insight?

Dealers that submitted their bookings on time according to our deadlines have the new sticks.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Zac911 said:

You got me.  I had knee surgery and am taking care of myself.  I totally confess.

How dare you /s

49 minutes ago, Zac911 said:

Dealers that submitted their bookings on time according to our deadlines have the new sticks.  

But this begs the question. What's the deal.  Your answer implies 2 things; a) all the big online retailers have them but aren't listing/advertising them, or b) they didn't order them.

There's absolutely no info let alone buzz.  Hell, IW already has video reviews on the the upcoming Tacks skates and Jetspeed sticks respectively and they're not even available for pre-order.  Maybe they've got a glut of last gen stock and want to sell them first?  I dunno, but in this day and age of social media and online presence, when a product is teased and there is NO info 3 days after launch date something's amiss.  

Edited by Neo5370

11 hours ago, Neo5370 said:

There's absolutely no info let alone buzz.  

Some brands purchase buzz... Some just make good stuff.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Zac911 said:

Some brands purchase buzz... Some just make good stuff.

I mean that's cool and all, but that doesn't matter if people can't find them or buy them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Neo5370 said:

I mean that's cool and all, but that doesn't matter if people can't find them or buy them. 

Dealers that met the booking deadlines have the product.  If the dealer doesn't have the product... It's cool and all that you can come here and complain about it,  but perhaps the guy you need to tell is the dealer?

• Like 2

Howdy,

41 minutes ago, Zac911 said:

Dealers that met the booking deadlines have the product.  If the dealer doesn't have the product... It's cool and all that you can come here and complain about it,  but perhaps the guy you need to tell is the dealer?

Maybe a little focus on the positive... Which major retailers have got the new True sticks?

Mark

1 hour ago, marka said:

Howdy,

Maybe a little focus on the positive... Which major retailers have got the new True sticks?

Mark

I don't have access to everybody's accounts.  I only know my territory. 

Within my territory some had their orders in on time and others may have chosen later ship dates other than first available.

I can only reiterate that if you guys don't see the product you are looking for-  And that goes for any mfg you have to be more vocal with your dealers. 

Otherwise they will just stay within the tidy lines that have been drawn for them.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Zac911 said:

I don't have access to everybody's accounts.  I only know my territory. 

Within my territory some had their orders in on time and others may have chosen later ship dates other than first available.

I can only reiterate that if you guys don't see the product you are looking for-  And that goes for any mfg you have to be more vocal with your dealers. 

Otherwise they will just stay within the tidy lines that have been drawn for them.

And I assume that they (retail stores, LHS, etc) will only order what is popular, not just new?

1 hour ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

And I assume that they (retail stores, LHS, etc) will only order what is popular, not just new?

I wish I could share more in terms of the stuff that is going on in our industry.  

Ever play monopoly with a friend who acquires all the money and then starts changing the rules every minute to keep themselves in power?

On the whole dealers are very frustrated... And they are right to be.  So when somebody says something is fishy...  They are right,  but it's not due to anything we are doing.  

We are trying to be a part of the solution-  Not the problem.

Edited by Zac911
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

I will say, from personal experience, that smaller shops wont bring in too much for new product at this time of year, because most youth/high school seasons are on the verge of ending. So financially it's easier to wait until later for a realease like this. This is for all brands, not True specifially

• Like 2