Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jamarquan

Stick lines with smaller shaft dimensions?

I've really been enjoying the shots I'm able to get off with my junior sticks, the only issue is that the sticks are a few inches short (not a big deal, can just buy a plug), but the shaft dimensions just don't feel big enough in my hands, so I'm curious as to if there's an intermediate stick I can find with slightly smaller dimensions in a heel curve because my RBZ feels uncomfortably big, which is the closest comparable I have. I know Vapors would fit the bill with the Micro Feel shaft, but I cant find a 60 flex PM9 around and I cant afford a custom 1x Lite.

There was a sher-wood like a few years ago with a smaller shaft. I really liked it.

I don’t remember what it was called though.

7 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

There was a sher-wood like a few years ago with a smaller shaft. I really liked it.

it was the t90 "slimfit"

7 minutes ago, Stewie said:

it was the t90 "slimfit"

15 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I remember seeing it on HM - I'll check to see if it's still there and what curves are available. Thanks!

EDIT: It's only $30, but only in lefty. Thanks anyway.

Warrior makes a rounded shaft that feels tiny, In my opinion, compared to the normal squared shaft.  I got a pro stock QRL that ended up having the rounded shaft (which they didn't mention on PSH) and it always felt way too small for me.  I also remember hearing on their Full Circle podcast how they used that rounded shaft for Gaudreau to give it the smallest dimensions possible in a senior stick.

6 hours ago, Jamarquan said:

I remember seeing it on HM - I'll check to see if it's still there and what curves are available. Thanks!

EDIT: It's only $30, but only in lefty. Thanks anyway.

I just picked one of those off HM last week. I love it. I've considered buying a couple more since it seems like something that no one makes anymore (senior length, inter flex). But I'm brand new to hockey, so I'm not sure if I even know what I like yet.

5 hours ago, xstartxtodayx said:

Warrior makes a rounded shaft that feels tiny, In my opinion, compared to the normal squared shaft.  I got a pro stock QRL that ended up having the rounded shaft (which they didn't mention on PSH) and it always felt way too small for me.  I also remember hearing on their Full Circle podcast how they used that rounded shaft for Gaudreau to give it the smallest dimensions possible in a senior stick.

if Phil Kessel can use an intermediate, so can Gaudreau. seems weird so much effort would go into a senior for him

19 hours ago, asgoodasdead said:

if Phil Kessel can use an intermediate, so can Gaudreau. seems weird so much effort would go into a senior for him

yea, I don't remember all of the details but they discussed wanting to make the shaft feel as small as an intermediate while still being a senior shaft.  If you get a chance, check out the Warrior Full Circle podcast, there's not many episodes but they delve into all the geeky stuff like this, it's awesome haha

CCM seems to be slimming down their shaft dimensions.  My trigger2 is slimmer feeling than my 1X.  The Lightspeed is supposed to have that slimmer double concave profile also.