Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VegasHockey

Should pads and girdle similar to the Cooper Techniflex?

For those that can remember the cooper techniflex series of gear. I am looking for a pair of should pads and preferable a girdle that has a similar fit and feel. Very lightweight and flexible while still providing decent protection. I've looked at all of the usual suspects, Bauer, CCM , STX, and Warrior. Nothing really is quite the same as the old school cooper techniflex design. Any suggestions? 

It seems maybe Eagle or Tackla might have something but I cannot find any specific details for such. 

Thanks for the help

Can you fit into a Small shoulder pad? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bauer-Spx-90-Shoulder-Pad-Small-Sec-I12/391994219232?hash=item5b44ad1ae0:g:KOAAAOSwbDFanZo~  Shoot them an email, I believe they had some mediums at one time. 

Bauer rebranded a lot of the cooper protective after the consolidation of all the sub brands. Louisville also made a very similar pad to this style with the foam caps instead of plastic (everything old is new again). 

31 minutes ago, Monty22 said:

Can you fit into a Small shoulder pad? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bauer-Spx-90-Shoulder-Pad-Small-Sec-I12/391994219232?hash=item5b44ad1ae0:g:KOAAAOSwbDFanZo~  Shoot them an email, I believe they had some mediums at one time. 

Bauer rebranded a lot of the cooper protective after the consolidation of all the sub brands. Louisville also made a very similar pad to this style with the foam caps instead of plastic (everything old is new again). 

I got a pair of adult small Cooper Techniflex pads yesterday but they are slightly too tight. A medium would be ideal. It seems there are a few options when looking online. Did Bauer change much of anything between the Techniflex and the SPX lines?

3 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

For those that can remember the cooper techniflex series of gear. I am looking for a pair of should pads and preferable a girdle that has a similar fit and feel. Very lightweight and flexible while still providing decent protection. I've looked at all of the usual suspects, Bauer, CCM , STX, and Warrior. Nothing really is quite the same as the old school cooper techniflex design. Any suggestions? 

It seems maybe Eagle or Tackla might have something but I cannot find any specific details for such. 

Thanks for the help

Anything pre-1S is a direct descendant of a Techniflex girdle. The difference is they became wrap girdles when the Vapor came out. 

Closest to it on the market currently will be the TotalOne HP Girdle Pure Hockey sells, which is like the NXG. Still has the inner pelvic/thigh padding that was stripped out with the MX3. 

I’m not sure if Eagle still sells the lace-up  Vaughn used to manufacturer Tackla, so that’s where that came from.

There is Techniflex DNA in the Vapor protective line. 

If you're looking for Tackla, this company seems to be the importer for Tackla in North America. Call them or email them and see what he has on hand if you want a Tackla girdle. If they don't have one, you'll have to do what I did and order directly from Tackla and pay international shipping.

http://www.montrealhockey-usa.com/

montrealhockey@optonline.net

Yeah, the text works if you copy that and enter it into the URL bar. The anchor’s href just points here for some funny reason.

Yeah - I fixed that for you.  

I don't get the reasoning - why spend $150 to buy a 25 year old girdle?  The HP is the closest thing (spare lace up).