Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bauer_freAK

Xn10 strange noise

...i think my xn10 won't live very long..

when i tested last night the strongness

of the xn10's blade.. it makes a strange noise

and it isn't strong like it was.. ;(

mine made that wierd crunching noise when i flexed the blade after the first time i used it too, it worried me, but the stick ended up lasting really long

...and now

theres a biig crack on the backhand side

over one half of the blade.. :(

I put Epoxy on it..don't think it will hold

very longer, but i hope it.. :(

ehm...

If my blade will break,

where I have to cut? :/

or would a normal heatgun do it?

Take it to a well-known hockey shop with staff that know what they're doing.

i'm just wondering, why do people try to bend their blades to "test the strength"? wouldn't that actually do more damage than good? usually, people can tell by playing with a blade how strong / soft it is

Hes in Germany, they don't really have one. Talk to guys who are selling there broken and cut shafts in the sell section and see where they cut theirs.

searched and didn't find anything like that :(

my xn10 just started making that noise... and i used it last night.. it seemed fine, it wasn't any softer or anything, the only thing i'm noticing is that there is a small bubble on the blade.. its about an inch.. in length

i'm just wondering, why do people try to bend their blades to "test the strength"? wouldn't that actually do more damage than good? usually, people can tell by playing with a blade how strong / soft it is

If you try and bend the blade and it begins bending, then you've discovered a crack and know the blade won't last long. Luckily I did this with my last XN10 and it was still within the warantee time (well acutally 10 days after but my place hooked me up anyway). But had I not checked the blade by bending it, it may have lasted a few more games and been well out of the replacement period. The XN10 blade is awesome, it's very thin and stiff, but I also tend to crack them because of that.

I've broken 2 XN10's. One a slash to the shaft and the other the blade. I took the good blade and used it in the good shaft. I didn't have to cut either of the sticks. Just heated the sticks at the fuse point and pulled the blades out.

how long did you heated it? :/

nothing moved with heating it..

The first one had some of the paint chipped off at the fuse point, so it came out real easy. The second one required me to heat it a couple of times and then pull like the dickens to get it out.

Make sure you are using a heat gun, and either clamp the stick down or stick it in a vice. And make sure you put a piece of cardboard or something around the shaft to protect it from the clamp.

I remember Jay saying it worked for him on an earlier thread so I gave it a shot. Worked for both my XN10’s, but haven’t tried any other makes.

Make sure you are using a heat gun, and either clamp the stick down or stick it in a vice. And make sure you put a piece of cardboard or something around the shaft to protect it from the clamp.

heatgun = Hair Dryer with more Power? :D

right?