Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lightning

XXX Tongue bruising ankle bone

I am having a problem with the tongue on my XXX bruising the outside of my ankle. After skating for a brief time, the edge of the tongue presses on the outside of my ankle and creates a bruise on the bone. Ive skated on them about 15 times and baked them once.

I thought about taking it to a shoe repair place and having them cut and restitch the tongue together to take away some of the padding on the tongue around the ankle area.

Not sure if the shop can punch out that area or not, ill check with them as well.

Just wanted to know if anyone else is having this problem and what they did to correct it.

A really good skate shop can punch away some of the linining. You want to be a little careful with skates and hot spots. If your skates continually rub your feet in a certain spot, bone spurs and the dreaded Haglund's bump can form, which eventually permanently deform your feet.

I had the same problem with my Vapor XX's.... I think it was because my skate was too large for me... so I decided to trade them in for a different size... and my ankle bone isn't bruising anymore