Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. I just recently updated the bearings and wheels on my Bauer Vapor's after sitting for about 15 years. I estimate that I bought the skates in 1995, probably only changed the wheels once. I have the Hi Lo setup, and recently bought the Bauer Swiss bearing kit with all of the spacers and axles, and some 80/76 wheels based on the newer wheel setups. Unfortunately, the 80's didn't fit in the rear chassis slot. I ended up putting the 76's in the rear and bought 72's for the front. I'm not sure what size the original wheels were, or the wheels that I replaced, but the 76/72 seems to fit my chassis fine. Does anyone know what the older factory Hi Lo set up was in terms of wheel size? My other problem is that the center spacer supplied with the Bauer bearings are smaller in diameter than the ones currently in the wheels. My axle would not fit through the new spacer. I guess the current size is a 6mm axle, and an 8mm spacer. I used the original axles and spacers with new wheels and bearings, but was curious as to whether the older axle/spacer was a different size or it was just a tolerance issue. My old axle would not fit through the new Bauer spacers (8mm). Lastly, the Bauer kit axles were all the same length, for the current models. My skates have a longer axle in the middle two slots, the Bauer kit was too short. If I'm going to change the chassis, in addition to the new parts I just got, I probably should have just gotten new skates. However, my boots are in good condition and fit great. If I can't get parts, I may have few options. Does anyone have a place for older Vapor skate parts? PS If I can upload a photo, I have two.
  3. chippa13

Boston Bruins (A2) vs. Toronto Maple Leafs (A3)

Matthews hate? Where exactly are all of these "Matthews-haters" that you speak of? I get that there will be some Leafs fans who will be irate that he didn't score 6 goals in game 7 to lead them to victory but there isn't any Matthews hate south of the border.
  4. BenBreeg

San Jose Sharks (P2) vs. Vegas Golden Knights (P3)

I honestly don't see how the NHL can't get their officiating in order. I didn't see the video until this afternoon. I assumed the worst then couldn't believe they called that. Love the sport but their officiating is the worst in pro sports and it isn't even close. Others have their controversial calls but the NHL is consistently a joke.
  5. Nicholas G

Nexus pants going the way of the dodo?

My assumption is the cost for them licensing to use 37.5 is just too costly or perhaps they are going to move to something like Filium. http://filium.com/technology/ I am a huge advocate of Filium so I hope to see more companies start to use it.
  6. Cavs019

This. Perhaps the liner is keeping gear fresh for too long which means less frequent repeat purchases. Or it’s too expensive. Who knows. Either way - it seems like too many good innovations in this industry get canned for no reason.
  7. bunnyman666

The Sweet Spot

This is something that really was invented for a completely different purpose but is definitely applicable to everyone. I could have used this years back, as well! You sir, are correct!
  8. IPv6Freely

That would be unfortunate. 37.5 is the primary reason I continue using Bauer anything. The 37.5 base layer is amazing, and their goalie mask sweat bands are fantastic.
  9. althoma1

CCM skate durability

You've owned Trues and now have used the CCM's for just a little under 90 days and you find you like the Trues better. Using CCM's 90 day satisfaction guarantee and ordering some new Trues ASAP seems like the logical solution.
  10. IPv6Freely

The Sweet Spot

They ARE fantastic, and really should be a bigger part of the western world's hygene habits.
  11. IPv6Freely

When you said it, all I could figure was that because he was Leaf first overall pick people are going to hate him regardless? Who knows. Matthews took the heat for that one in the post-game. That second one shouldn't have gone in either but I have to wonder if the first goal was in Freddy's head and he cheated to the near side post a bit to make sure it didn't happen again. The D held up a whole lot better than expected, considering the last two months of the season. The REAL failure here was game 6. They should have closed it out when they had the chance and they blew it. That first goal went in and I immediately tweeted: All that said, walking angrily around our community with some loud music in my airpods really helped. I don't think I could have watched the rest of the game without my TV getting broken.
  12. IPv6Freely

San Jose Sharks (P2) vs. Vegas Golden Knights (P3)

I saw the score sheet before I actually saw what happened. My first thought was "wow, Cody Eakin personally cost them the series", then I saw the video. Yikes.
  13. Sniper9

CCM skate durability

Maybe a part of me just wants a reason to go back to Trues
  14. Sniper9

CCM skate durability

Without getting too off topic. The trues overall fit and durability / stiffness I liked better. They never got soft and the fit was the same since day one. Way better protection and I didn't have to tinker with how I laced them for them to fit perfect. Resisted gashes and cuts very well. If I were to do it over again I would've kept my trues. Oh well.
  15. sturdy22

Marsblade Ice Holder

finally skated on the Marsblade ice holders yesterday an i am very happy. a little background on myself, i have played hockey for almost 40 years thru Minor Pro and always used Tuuk + holders even on the newer skates, profiled to a forward stance. I have been using the roller frames, along with my kids, for about 2 years and i have been looking forward to putting some time on the ice holders since the kickstarter. i have them mounted on a pair of supreme 190s, swapped out the edge holder and sharpened at a 5/8. i did not have these profiled yet i wanted to know how they felt stock in the supremes, i prefer the cut of vapors with a forward profiling. first impression is that turns are very smooth and i don't feel like i dig into the ice as much. i could probably go to a 3/4 ROH and i usually go a long time between sharpening. i only slightly noticed the lack of profiling since there is so much movement in the balance point but i did get fatigue to my upper ankle i think due to the constant balance shift. i might look into adjust the movement in the holder as Per has suggested. i didn't notice the change in weight coming from the holders that were mounted (edge), they felt the same while skating and at 43 I'm not flying around the rink like i use. i liked the way these feel, maybe its my skating style but i think after i get these dialed in with the proper profile these will be my everyday skates. i have several pairs of skates all with my profile i will continue to compare these to.
  16. maximus91

CCM skate durability

What are some advantages of the CCMs over trues?
  17. badger_14

The Sweet Spot

The rabbit always looking on the brown side of life!
  18. BenBreeg

I think he gets no love from US because he isn't from a hockey hotbed, and no love from Canada because he is from the US. The goal can't go in but it has to get out of the zone on one of the three chances they had prior to the shot. The second was a reverse behind the net to nobody (well, a Bruin) and Boston just walked out and scored.
  19. IPv6Freely

Wait. There are people who hate Matthews? That first goal just CAN'T go in. I didn't see any of them after that, I turned the game off after the first.
  20. romdj

CCM skate durability

On my team, I find that CCM skates just don't hold up as well in their top-of-the-line products. Nothing scientific, but I'm not surprised by what you're saying at all. Moving forward, I'd try to stick with what worked for you
  21. IPv6Freely

2018-2019 Gear Sightings

LOL
  22. BenBreeg

Brutal turnovers leading to the early Bruins goals. I don't love Toronto by any stretch but would have loved to see the Matthews-haters to eat a little crow. But seeing Marchand win makes me sick any day of the week. So at this point I am just anti-Capitals, maybe pro-Stars since my 8 year-old adopted them as his new team after Pens game 3. Would love to see the Caps out but it would be pretty awesome to see the Islanders do it.
  23. stick9

CCM skate durability

Curious to hear what CCM says about a warranty claim on a hockey skate that was damaged during a hockey game.
  24. Nicholas G

I imagine. Though, 37.5 I think is going away pretty soon.
  25. Cavs019

Interesting. Will the top end “traditional” Supreme pant be fully spec’ed with 37.5 et al? Thanks guys.
  26. I'm also not a fan of the stiff lace bite piece inside the tongue. How easy is it to remove the lace-bite protector plastic insider the tongue? Can you make two incisions at the top like this, /\, pull out the insert and glue/sew the fabric back down?? Debating wether to remove it or just let it break down with more use at the area where my ankle flexes.
  1. Load more activity