Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. I first saw the sharpening level sign last month. I really had to try and figure out what the hell it was even trying to say… I still drive 30 minutes to get them hand sharpened by the figure skating guru in town. $9 and he just raised his price from $5 which it was for like 10 years. We are lucky to have him and Binnie although both are far from me and Binnie is drop off only so that makes two round trips.
  3. I'm more just happy they finally left Arizona.
  4. Agreed. Like in most sale associate roles, workers are spoon-fed that upselling is for the benefit of the customer, hence why Pure will try to sell customers skate insoles and "Level 2" sharpening. I think TRUE should have gone with a significantly stiffer insole that compliments the design of the skate and provides more feedback. TRUE skates are known for providing players a very connected feel, and the new insole seems to dampen that feedback. This is counterintuitive.
  5. Another speedplate guy here. Superfeet are ok. I liked them better when they just had the one yellow hockey model. The comfort is too soft and the carbon has too much heel lift. I actually prefer stock insoles than the current superfeet options.
  6. Anyone tried the O1 with bigger wheels in the middle spots? Aka “banana rocker”. 4 flat has always felt less manueverable than my rollerblades set to rocker with two middle wheels only touching the ground. Im Wondering if the O1 would be good that way and what size wheels you used.
  7. Stoked to watch an NHL team on home ice in Utah.
  8. I was chatting to one of the owners of our local hockey shop, he said he hated Speedplates, and loved Superfeet. I loathe Superfeet, I find them very uncomfortable. Speedplates on the other hand are amazing as they dramatically improve comfort and ice feel. Basically they’re best to leave it to the customer to decide.
  9. TBH, buying footbeds separate seems like an upsell when you are in the store. If their position is the skate would be best with it, the skate should come with it, especially as you get to the higher price points. when my son was in youth and junior skates, the Pure associate would automatically bring over Superfeet and try to upsell them. So a parent is buying $200ish skates and here comes a kid telling them, “they really should get these because the stock footbed isn’t that good”, by the way, that adds another 25% to your total.
  10. Yesterday
  11. The original SpeedPlate was nice but prone to breaking. Second generation just didn't work well with some skate models. My understanding from someone in the athletic footwear industry is that a footbed with some give is better than a rigid one from a biometrical standpoint.
  12. I, too, prefer the Speedplate. A custom orthotic in the way of a Speedplate would be preferred. I did try the True orthotic when I demoed a pro stock pair of their top custom line. I did not really care for it.
  13. So when Bauers website says the Pasta is more open, it’s really not? The main reason I ask is because I actually like the sound of a more open p28, so I’m leaning towards giving it a shot.
  14. Bauer wants to move into the orthotic market as they feel the Speed Plate didn't get the market share penetration they expected. I personally like the Speed Plate as it provides great feedback, and dislike soft orthotics. TRUE also has a new orthotic which is nice, but It's also too soft for my liking. However, I think the general population prefer soft orthotics...
  15. Ya the reddit post alluded to custom orthotics, and the link to Aetrex from @mojo122 seems to confirm. I might have a use case for that, but to be honest the Speedplate 2.0 is very very nice imo. Edit: looking at the document from @VegasHockey, the orthotics actually look pretty cool when paired with the Aetrex. I did not realize the base of the Aetrex was soft and conforms to your foot. Although you have 3 options of orthotics, so if you've been skating long enough you can probably guess which one you'd need.
  16. I heard from a local shop that Speedplates are being replaced with something more custom, but they didn’t know details then. They were due to fly to Sweden I think, for a Bauer presentation. I bought some discounted Speedplates while they were still available (not from that shop, they weren’t trying to get me to buy). They also seemed quite impressed by the new Bauer sharpener, but didn’t know the price.
  17. They are honestly both so similar, it is nearly impossible to tell the difference in person if someone didn't point out that it wasn't the same curve.
  18. This is the order form for SummerJam jerseys.

5h_ice_hockey_sizing_2018.thumb.jpg.9dcbaf230c46d90272886fac135224ba.jpg

Here is the comparison to Bauer.

2060508611_ScreenShot2018-08-17at12_51_55PM.thumb.png.23e76b37a6dc38b25935bd3cf7d97203.png

0.00 USD

19. Howdy, Holy shit! Hopefully catching it early (I hope?) means treatment goes well. And yeah, having a puck bash your face in ending up being a good thing... Wow! Mark
  20. This is a long shot but if anyone knows of a website with pro stock syncs or geos RH 70 flex P88 lmk please! I’ve checked all the well known sites like nmips, HSM, psh, hockeylion, DK’s, SLS Thanks in advance!
  21. Last week
  22. Very curious about the ‘Pro Custom’. I ended up with custom Hyperlite 2’s last season but they still don’t fit absolutely perfect. I have started to generate a bit of heel lift now that they have broken in. Can’t wear superfeet because of a collapsed arch in my one foot. Have very odd feet that are extremely wide in the forefoot, high instep, and a very narrow heel/ankle wrap. Forced me into a FIT3 to accommodate for width. Thanks for the info.
  23. Jesus man... best of luck to you
  24. Jesus fucking christ. When having your face broken ends up being a positive, you know you're getting kicked in the junk way too often. Damn dude, I'm sorry.
  25. Yeah. I would have been emailing and calling them daily weeks ago. 14 weeks of waiting is insanity.
  26. Just cancel the order/get a refund from ur credit card. Their stuff is so grossly overpriced now anyway
  1. Load more activity