Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Taam69

Help

Is it an actual shaft, or are you trying to pull the blade out of a fused OPS?

If it's a normal shaft (I'm guessing warrior?), buy a piece or rebar that is longer than the shaft. Heat it up like normal, and if you can't pull it out, push the rebar through the butt end side to get an extra push. You have to retape your grip, but you get the blade out.

If it's an OPS, the a 100 page thread somewhere about pulling out blades. I failed every time I tried it. I'm also not very patient or good with tools beyond basic 8th grade shop class stuff.

I got a shaft on the cheap with a blade already in the problem is i think the hozel was to big and someone forced the blade in anyway

Do you want to salvage the blade as well or just get it out?

Clamp it into a vice, heat the shaft and yank. I wouldn't suggest cutting it otherwise your only option will be to put some screws in and then pull.

If you dont want to salvage the shaft but do want the blade and it will not come out with heating and yanking, cut the shaft about 8" above the top of the hosel, clamp the remaining shaft in the middle, heat the shaft end where the blade is and then use a small block of wood that is long enough to fit down the shaft and a hammer to knock it out.

Cut the blade. Put a screw in the wood. Heat the shaft up good. Put in a vice with a bit of padding or foam. Take vice grips and attach to screw tightly. Pull!

You'll get more leverage with the screws in the vice and pulling on the shaft compared to tugging on it with a pair of vice grips.