Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
wickedwrister

Anyone else skate better in damp/ wet skates?

I have come to the bizzare conclusion that I like skating in damp skates :blink: Every time I use my skates a second time before they have a chance to dry, I swear I skate better. They hold my foot better and there is no slipping whatsoever. I also find my feet don't fatigue either. Ya think it would hurt the skate to maybe spray it down a touch before skating? Anyone else find this to be true too?

Do you skate better because your skate is still wet, or is it because you skated recently?

JJ

Edited by jjtt99

I meant it like that: Just let some water inside and then turn the skate upside down so that its empty but has like a wet film in the inside.

Edited by zak

You guys are crazy. Wet Hockey equipment is the WORST part of Hockey. I don't mind the feeling once I'm in there, but that wet, cold slimy feeling, egh.

I find it more comfortable but I don't think it helps me. ;) Any other piece of equipment thats damp or wet on me is disgusting.

Edited by beans1314

Wet skates and gloves are the only equipment I like "wet" when I skate

I like my gloves wet, too! I had some older Kohos with very crispy palms and bevor every skate i held them under the water tap.

but a wet helmet??

the only gear ive ever wet is my gloves and thats only if my gloves are veeery crunchy ,which is rare. i will never wet my skates because my feet sweat enough as it is and if theyre soaked in water as well theyre gonna be bricks. i also weat my hair and make a mullet kind of thing because my hair is giant and puffy and never going into my helmet dry..........this thread got me thinking about putting on cold ,wet shoulder pads :(

Edited by Bruin88

I left all my gear in my bag once after a game and had 24 hours till the next one, i had to wear all wet gear and it was horrible the only good things were that my gloves wernt stiff on the palms(but they stank like hell)

the liner in my 8090's have gotten a bit stiff when they're dry so they don't fit as well as after i sweat in them. it's a hydrophobic liner, so the extra sweat doesn't make the skate much heavier. my feet also get pretty hot usually when i play, so i actually like the feeling of damp skates :huh: .

i also have to wet my palms, because they're really really crusty now

You guys are crazy. Wet Hockey equipment is the WORST part of Hockey. I don't mind the feeling once I'm in there, but that wet, cold slimy feeling, egh.

touche. I could never understand the dirtbags I played with over the years that would leave their stuff in their bags over night, closed no less.

i think there's a difference between people who are dumb and don't air out their stuff and people who, before they play, we down their gloves for instance, so they can get better feel out of them

I left all my gear in my bag once after a game and had 24 hours till the next one, i had to wear all wet gear and it was horrible the only good things were that my gloves wernt stiff on the palms(but they stank like hell)

Ya wet gear is gross other then the gloves I like the flexabiltiy although you could just air out your gear and sprinkle some water on them

i find this also happens because the skate is softer and is easier to flex so i love not drying my skates out ata ll

Untill you discover that not drying your skates leads to the horrible growth of bacteria and can lead to a bad infection. I couldn't play hockey for 6 weeks 2 years ago because I thought not drying my skates out made em feel nice, I had a small cut on my foot and I got a nasty infection.

That's not where I was going with this. My gear (including skates) get hung up to dry on a rack after EVERY use. When you skate a second time before your skates dry is ALL I was talking about.

I definitely skate better when my skates are wet. Usually when I skate on them dry (I'm still breaking them in without baking them), I have to skate for 20 min and get sweat going before I retie them tighter and better fitting. This also means that I usually need to take 4-6 Aspirin to deal with how tight my skates are going to be... But it's worth it, I love having a rink on campus.