Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

this guy

Your Razor

Canned shaving cream is one of the absolute worst things a man can put on his face.

I learned that today. I mean, I didn't have problems with it, per say. It just REALLY dried my face out, and I could never shave certain areas smooth. The worst part was the gunk that got stuck in the razor.

Anything has to be better than the blades that came with the DE. Everyone said to avoid them at all costs, but I said "What the hell, I want to try this." BAD move. TORE UP MY FACE. The blades were brutal.

On a more positive note, had my first shave today with a brush and a puck of soap. Had to use my Gillette Sensor razors (my favorite cartridge razor), as my DE blades won't be in until Wednesday. WOW. No goop! No clogged razor! Not as solid of a lather compared to canned gel, but it was good enough. VERY satisfied. Using the brush was fun too. I felt like a barber haha. Much less of a mess. I will not being going back to a can. EVER. My brother can have the rest of my canned stuff.

Nothing feels better than a straight blade. THEN, and only then you will feel like a barber.

I learned that today. I mean, I didn't have problems with it, per say. It just REALLY dried my face out, and I could never shave certain areas smooth. The worst part was the gunk that got stuck in the razor.

Yup, theres so much chemical in there and it all dries your skin out.

Anyone care to recommend an afforable badger brush? I am a bowl latherer, if that helps. I was looking at Semogue and Whipped Dog.

I haven't heard of those, and I'm not sure what you consider affordable, but this was my first and wasn't too bad. http://www.westcoastshaving.com/Edwin-Jagger-Best-Black-Badger-Shaving-Brush-Imitation-Ebony_p_1738.html

Anyone care to recommend an afforable badger brush? I am a bowl latherer, if that helps. I was looking at Semogue and Whipped Dog.

My suppliers might have a good badger brush. Mine is about 25 years old.