Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

this guy

Your Razor

Like JR, I shave my head and face too. On my head I use a HeadBlade Sport razor with Gillette Sensor 3 blades. Anybody that shaves their head owes it to themself to try the HeadBlade. On my face I use a Gillette M3 Power. I've tried a bunch of different shave creams but have settled on the HeadBlade Head Slick. It works great with a brush (which I recommend using) or can be lathered up with your hands. For after shave, I use Clinique Post-Shave Soother Anti-Blemish Control gel on my face and head.

http://www.headblade.com/index.html

Mike

I use the HeadBlade with Sensor Excel Cryo

I have an old Philishave that I use when I'm in a hurry.

When I'm at home I use Gillette or edge gel and a fusion razor.

When I shave at the gym I use the Gillette disposable that has similar features to the fusion and I use the Nivea shave cream that comes in the tube.

I trim my goatee/beard with the same clipper that I cut my hair with. I use the #1 guide or use the clipper without a guide if I feel like having my hair shorter.

Merkur 23c safety razor, badger brush, various soaps. Less expensive by a long shot and much better shave than Mach 3s or any of the other cartridge razors.

Trooper - which blades?

I bought a sample pack - using Merkurs right now and they're pretty good. I started out w cheaper blades and that was a mistake...

I bought the sample pack as well and settled on the red Personas. The Feathers are REALLY sharp and seem to shave great, then within seconds of finishing I end up with a bunch of little bleeders. No pain, just pore-sized bleeders. I think it's a combination of the razor, the blade, and your skin as far as what works best.

I have literally tried every electric and hand shaver out there, but only magic shave keeps me bumpless. I even tried an electric shaver that was for "black men" and that was a disaster lol.

I get the best shave with a 2-blade razor like the Gillette Excel, but I'm lazy and hate shaving so I went the electric route. I use a $40 Norelco rotary. I tried a cheap Remington foil shaver but it was awful on my neck. The Norelco doesn't seem powerful at all but it does the job.

Razor, electric, creams, lotions, gels or whatever. I always got burns and bumps on my neck and jawline. So I just quit shaving, luckily the girlfriend likes the beard.

Lucky man. I have about 1/4 the follicles needed to produce a beard, but the ones I have grow fast and thick.

Oh a few other things I picked up along the way,

- for sensitive skin, fewer blades is often better, less irritation

- the Gillette "good news" disposables are fantastic for the money (which is very cheap)

- rinse, shake and pat dry your blades to lengthen the life of your blades (I was down to one disposable every 6-8 weeks)

- aloe vera gel (no alcohol added) can soothe razor burn, sometimes will work as a shave gel too, and I actually use it as a hair gel

So true, Jarick.

The most blades I have ever used is double - on my head my second pass is with Good News pivots.

I bought the sample pack as well and settled on the red Personas. The Feathers are REALLY sharp and seem to shave great, then within seconds of finishing I end up with a bunch of little bleeders. No pain, just pore-sized bleeders. I think it's a combination of the razor, the blade, and your skin as far as what works best.

I have Personnas here, I'll try them, I plan on trying them all.

I have literally tried every electric and hand shaver out there, but only magic shave keeps me bumpless. I even tried an electric shaver that was for "black men" and that was a disaster lol.

Oof. I did Magic for a while, that burn smell got me every time though.

Ever try the Bump Fighter razor?

Razor, electric, creams, lotions, gels or whatever. I always got burns and bumps on my neck and jawline. So I just quit shaving, luckily the girlfriend likes the beard.

Ill take a stick or a puck to the chin, but im too soft to grow a beard, cant get past the itchy stage lol

So true, Jarick.

The most blades I have ever used is double - on my head my second pass is with Good News pivots.

I have Personnas here, I'll try them, I plan on trying them all.

Oof. I did Magic for a while, that burn smell got me every time though.

Ever try the Bump Fighter razor?

JR- yeah I did man, but it was a bust as well. My dad got me this circular norelco electric razor for xmas which is what he uses, and gave me this lecture on what I have to do to prevent bumps ( like I didnt already know at almost 30 years of age ). Its still in its package. To be honest, because of the smell, I went to using Nair which has worked very well, doesnt burn, and since it has aloe in it, it doesnt dry my face out as much. I tried the horizontal style electric, circular, Andis Edjer (which if I might add Im really good with, in case you are in the Anchorage, AK area and need an edge up lol), and lastly and most disasterously the Mach 3.

The process ( I only shave once a week on wednesdays ):

1. I use a stiff bristled brush in a circular motion to move the hairs up and away from my skin

2. Check for any ingrown hairs, usually theres only one or two. If there are any, I put a dab of Vaseline on it after I get it out to keep the Nair out.

3. I apply a medium layer of Nair on my face from my sideburns and neck to the sides of where my goatee would be.

4. I wait 7 minutes

5. I take a handcloth and soak it with extra hot water, wring it out

6. I just wipe it off my face

7. Dry my face

8. I throw Bump Patrol after shave on my face

9. Then I use my Andis Pro Edjers to shave my chin and moustache off.

All in all its about a 30 minute process. How do you keep the bumps away? That bump fighter really works for you? You must have that "good" hair lol

Haha I say that to my 3 y/o nephew all the time, I grab his hair and be like "You got that GOOD hair...everybody thought you had Indian in your family..." (For those who don't know, watch Martin Lawrence: You So Crazy)

Actually, they say double-edge safety razors are good for razor bumps because since you are shaving with very light pressure, the hair is cut once and doesn't twist and bury back into your skin. Thing is you'll have to shave every day.

However, get some Tend Skin. It has worked for me for years.

http://tendskin.com/index.htm

JR- Thanks, Ill try that out. I may try my horizontal Wahl "black mens" electric shaver again, at a shorter length, maybe at stubble length, then use the stuff on that website and see what happens. I totally refuse to go with a hand razor because time and time again it has turned my money-maker into a scene from texas chainsaw massacre haha.......

Used the Feathers for the first time today and they shaved great - no bleeders. I'll go through the others and see what I like best.

Another DE user here. Nothing special in terms of blades and soap though, just generic blades and Williams mug soap. Both are enough for my needs. I intend to try nicer soap at some point though, the local coop here sells some nice ones that I want to give a shot.

Was using a Schick Quattro up until recently where I got a killer deal for a Gillette Fusion at 4$ for the razor, one blade and two cans of Gillette Shaving Gel. Bought four of them and honnestly, it's the best shave I have ever had. Didn't really believe in that 5 blade gimmick but now I do. Might give those Cryogenically tempered blade JR was talking about a shot. If they do last that much longer, it may very well be worth the extra coin.

Was using a Schick Quattro up until recently where I got a killer deal for a Gillette Fusion at 4$ for the razor, one blade and two cans of Gillette Shaving Gel. Bought four of them and honnestly, it's the best shave I have ever had. Didn't really believe in that 5 blade gimmick but now I do. Might give those Cryogenically tempered blade JR was talking about a shot. If they do last that much longer, it may very well be worth the extra coin.

Where is this deal?!

Well, I'm 24. I currently shave once every 6 weeks or so. And thats only because it'll get patchy in certain spots. Never had a beard, or a mustache even. But when i do shave, its with a norelco electric razor :D

However, my lil brother is 4 years younger than me, and has to shave everyday. He's had a full thick beard since he was about 14 or 15.

Philips electric shaver - does a pretty good job.

Mach 3 when I haven't bothered to shave for a few days (works great but damn those blades are expensive) and whatever gel/cream I have bought on sale.