Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hehatemefrisbee

Ugliest pads?

Fluery's pads definitely take the honor for ugliest.

I don't know...I kind of like those, but the pads in this picture behind Heatley....

dany32wb.th.jpg

It's hard to tell, but they look like Kohos. The color combination is just gross.

man, do i ever hope the NHL never gets adds on the players like that,

How about Irbe's old pads? Don't have a pic, but they looked like he had been using them since peewees. Whatever works i guess...

No love for the classic Koho's... :P

irbe_arturs10.jpg

Brian's has always done their fair share of "nasty" looking custom graphics though..

the infamous clown pads for example:

18.jpg

But at least their quality and functionality never suffered. I'm still sticking with my original messed up Turco Vaughn Velocity's as my #1 nominee...

This was a tuff one for me to decide on just one pair to be the "Ugliest Pads". I've seen some nasty purple/sportgold/black all pro glo Eagles that would rank up there pretty high. Some nasty bed sheet looking pattern Velo's that a goalie in Europe is wearing...But these were my final selection.

t1.jpg

Not because of the colours as you might first suspect. But more because of the nasty mods. These pads just turned out all wrong. The taper top, the closed "open" toe, the wrap around knee, the two boot straps (should have one) and two shin straps (should have 3) and the stupid wedge in the outer roll between the boot and shin areas...

t6.jpg

t3.jpg

t5.jpg

BTW...these are Turco / Dallas Stars pro returns and are for sale at Dukes if anyone is interested in a set of "Frankenpads"....

OK, so I found a pic of the "bed sheet" looking pads, thought I'd post 'em for your enjoyment....

blu_jok_07.jpg

Goalie is Karl Goehring (Jokerit, Helsinki).

wow i never thought CCM would do that for custom. lol what's the purpose of the pads to look like that? (bed sheets i mean)

wow i never thought CCM would do that for custom. lol what's the purpose of the pads to look like that? (bed sheets i mean)

Team sponsor is Hastens, a Swedish bedding company. That design is their corporate logo?/look...

Hastens bedding

Actually I don't think ccm and vaughn make 'em that way. I'm pretty sure it is some type of covering. :P

those look like actual bedsheets sewn onto the pad. i guess if he needs a nap or something comforting during a game, all he has to do is take his pads off

I just realized that I have a blanket that looks kind of like that (same colors, but pattern is slightly different) :P Now to plaster that sucker onto my brother's old pads ;)

If i'm not mistaken, Karl Goehring (the bed sheet photos) was the former NCAA champion from the univ of ND of 2000-- small guy but very quick-- what a fall from grace of pads -- the black and green were sharp-- but these?!?! They have my vote for ugliest!!

If i'm not mistaken, Karl Goehring (the bed sheet photos) was the former NCAA champion from the univ of ND of 2000-- small guy but very quick-- what a fall from grace of pads -- the black and green were sharp-- but these?!?! They have my vote for ugliest!!

Played for the Crunch in the AHL as well I think. He was good in the games I saw him.

Maybe we'll get a choice for pads next year. and those choices would be Firm, Soft and Firm, and Soft (i mean types of beds)lol :lol:

This was a tuff one for me to decide on just one pair to be the "Ugliest Pads". I've seen some nasty purple/sportgold/black all pro glo Eagles that would rank up there pretty high.

found 'em again... :o

5d_1_b.JPG