Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kerry Goulet

"IceHockey World" magazine

Guys, I really want to thank everyone who helped with the magazine. I picked it up at the printer yesterday and it really looks great. We tried a different printing technique for this issue, and, wow, I’m impressed!

I need to thank seven of you individually for writing the articles about your teams. They really gave the magazine the local flavor that I wanted. So thank you to Chadd, Rustybender, Theo, puckmugger, capes921, modernice and, oh yeah, Jason. Each of you will receive a free year’s subscription. Well, maybe not Jason. :lol:

I also want to thank ModSquad for helping with this project. To show my appreciation, I’m going to give a 50% discount off an annual subscription to all MSH members if you subscribe bythe end of the year. After that, MSH members will receive a 25% discount. An annual subscription costs $30 US, so you’ll be able to get it for $15 until the end of the year, and $22.50 after that. Also, if you subscribe by November 15th, I’ll be able to send you an issue autographed by some of the NHL players I know.

Again, thank you to everyone! And let me know if you’d be interested in writing other articles. I really want the magazine to be “By the players, for the players.â€

Kerry Goulet

Congratulations, it's good to hear it's up and running. Thank you for the generous offer as well. How ofter is it published?

Hey ehm...are you the Kerry Goulet I´m thinking? Timmendorf? Liked the Krywulak,Johnson,Green time B) Are you back in Canada permanently?

Hey ehm...are you the Kerry Goulet I´m thinking? Timmendorf? Liked the Krywulak,Johnson,Green time B) Are you back in Canada permanently?

He played 17 years professionally in Germany, so he's probably the same guy. He's based out of Toronto now.

We met last year at the World Cup in Toronto and became friends since.

Congratulations, it's good to hear it's up and running. Thank you for the generous offer as well. How ofter is it published?

I think it's six regular issues and two double issues annually.

It's slick. The photos and artwork are superb.

Congratulations, it's good to hear it's up and running.  Thank you for the generous offer as well.  How ofter is it published?

I think it's six regular issues and two double issues annually.

It's slick. The photos and artwork are superb.

The photography is as nice as any magazine I've ever seen and the print quality is fantastic top notch. I grew up helping my father in his ad agency, so it's not something I would say lightly.

As well as some of us may give new meaning to "creative" writing. ;) I know I certainly did with my prediction that the B's will bw playing for the Eastern Conference Championship. Man, they've got no defense!

Actually, I think it will be fun trying to pick out which articles were written by MSH members versus the professional hacks.....

I've been trying to get in touch with Kerry to post the procedure for MSH members. He left a brief VM last night that he's out at some faire or show or something, and wouldn't be able to post until today.

Apparently, there are possible issues with just giving a password like "MSH" to qualify for the discount, because there are people that visit here without becoming members. It would devalue the discount to MSH members if everyone started using that password, so he's trying to figure how to utilize MSH usernames to qualify for the discount.

Either that's what he meant or I don't know what the heck he was talking about! :D

Hi Guys,

Thanks MSH, I have experienced a great response and must admit I am a little overwhelmed. Yes, Jason I have been on a few TV interviews about the magazine. Thanks for your help!

We are updating our website at the moment and will have everything put in place for the new schedule for the up coming year. The NHL Issue is spectacular and has been very well recieved in the the hockey market. We are mailing out all the copies to the writers who supported this issue.

As for pricing and shipping we will have the rates and payment structure set up for tomorrow. I put the cart before the horse and did not change the website from the 2004/05 season.

Any comments or questions please send me a PM or an email to goulet29@hotmail.com.

Kerry Goulet

Hi MSH members,

Linda Davies will be responsible for all Mod Squad Hockey subscriptions. She will personally deal with all your needs and pricing. Linda is also responsible for the new website which should be up and running by the weekend. I am off to Germany with the Hanson Brothers for a 12 day charity tour. If you would like to see funny pictures from the tour, we will start posting them November 6th!!!

Lind can be reached at lindadavies@29sports.com

Slighty humerous introduction:

Kerry had been over in Germany where he is promoting a tour with the Hanson Brothers, then had to fly to Winnipeg yesterday for the first game of the HHOF's Legends Tour, since he's involved with Shoot For A Cure. Then he had to fly immediately back to Germany, via Toronto, where I met him for an hour at the airport since I flew up for the Induction Weekend.

He gave me a few copies of the new issue and it's outstanding. For all of you who took advantage of the MSH discount, my understanding is they shipped this week -- you will not be disappointed.

Just an FYI for anyone with subscriptions:

Kerry told me yesterday that a friend of his said he had just received the latest issue in the mail. Well, the friend lived about fifteen miles away and the magazine had been sent exactly two weeks earlier!

Kerry's going to talk to Canada Post to see if there is anything he can do differently to speed delivery.

anybody know how the march/april issue turned out? i wrote a couple stories for it, and they always take a while to get down to the states so i was just curious if it was out yet

Kerry and I spoke last week, but not about the upcoming issue. I'll see if I can find some answers for you.

On a different topic, he emailed me something that he hopes to have ready in about two weeks. It looks like it will be absolutely kick-ass -- I think people are really going to like it.

Same question: Is the discount still on?

I wrote to Linda Davis but I never got a reply. The magazine seems very nice and I would like to subscribe.

Thanks.

yea i wrote an email to her too, about writing for the magazine again this year...didn't get an answer. anybody know if its still up and running this year?