Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Duder84

Equipment Modifications

Very Modano-esque. Seems like it would be more flexible/lower profile if attached to the shoulder pads, no?

Wouldn't it be the opposite, as bending back from a forward lean position would have it push down into the pants? Those kidney sections already come up really high it seems, don't they Krev?

Very Modano-esque. Seems like it would be more flexible/lower profile if attached to the shoulder pads, no?

Flexible, yes. Too flexible. It gets stuck in the pant depending on lean angle.

Wouldn't it be the opposite, as bending back from a forward lean position would have it push down into the pants? Those kidney sections already come up really high it seems, don't they Krev?

Exactly. I did actually have it attached to my shoulder pads during a test run. Kept getting jammed with the pants. The kidney section does come up a bit. My back is... delicate. I've always had extra padding, but the padded shirts and everything was too close to the skin and it didn't absorb enough. This setup works.

that easton pant is something else.

Haha, I know. My teammates look at me like I'm crazy. I love it.

No idea what that is, here we have Canadian Tires and Walmarts but they only carry very basic sticky velcro. Looking to order online, specifically velcro tabs similar to the ones on jocks, there has to be something.

I've had my custom Easton Synergy 800 gloves for about a year now but haven't had much use out of them because the cuff was too inflexible. I had a play around with them and decided this could probably be remedied by cutting them open and removing the totally un-bendable plastic from the cuff and possibly some of the padding.

In each of these photos, the glove that has been modified is on the left.

487947_738189438058_1888533242_n.jpg

154880_738189398138_806441712_n.jpg

65248_738190101728_1026953170_n.jpg

This is the amount of padding & plastic that was removed from the cuff of one glove. I ended up removing one of the two layers of padding.

563548_738189408118_803074981_n.jpg

I'll remove the plastic and one layer of padding from the cuff later in the week.

I have no doubt that the cuff will break-down sooner than intended, and in reflection I might have left all of the padding intact and just removed the plastic. You'll notice from the photos that the cuff now appears "flatter", it certainly is emptier now it's had all that removed. However, I want to use these gloves, and at the minute they're sitting around doing nothing.

That other shoulder pad topic reminded me to post pics of my set up. Finally got sick of getting cross checks in the back while being in front of the net. I play non-contact beer league, so I don't need a heavy set of shoulders (my opinion at least, I know others will say otherwise), so the classic Winn-Wells are perfect. The only thing they lack is a little padding on the spine. So I took the spine pad off a pair of Easton S3 shoulders and sewed them on as seen.

shoulders_zps986e3497.jpg

Edited by coryroth24
  • Like 2

Yup, Speedy Stitcher. Very easy to pickup and learn. If you can't find replacement thread, you can use other sizes and even dental floss.

Thanks. That's pretty much what I did for my one90 pants. Took the pad, unstitched it, lowered it and stitched it back, then put laces through the top. Who needs a belly pad that goes 5 inches up... that flops over when you put your jersey on. "Sick flop on those pants!" <_<

TBL, I was actually looking for this info a couple months back. I remembered that I saw someone did this but couldn’t remember who and find the post. How has this held up and have you found it to be effective?

Read up on that thread and have a few ideas... Hockeytron has their mid-level shoulder pads on sale at $19.99... Should be something cheap to experiment with!!!

just finished extending the eyelets on my nxgs the boot area around the ankle is way more shallow than my one 90 skates I have been using , and so far this actually gives me a lot more forward flex trying to upload photos but it wont let me

just finished extending the eyelets on my nxgs the boot area around the ankle is way more shallow than my one 90 skates I have been using , and so far this actually gives me a lot more forward flex trying to upload photos but it wont let me

Nice. Did you make the extensions yourself or purchase them? Are they riveted in place using copper or brass rivets?