Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

LHS owners/workers

On 8/10/2019 at 11:06 PM, YesLanges said:

I think if I were going to try to figure it out, I'd just bring a compass to the rink to see if there's a strong magnetic field there somewhere. The weird thing is it only happens once in a while and to two different watches with similar movements (and I never forget to keep them wound). I always put the bag in roughly the same place and neither of those watches has ever done anything like that anywhere else in 10+ years...it's just at the rink and only once in a while, but when it's happened, they're like a half an hour or an hour slow after only about 90 minutes off my wrist, which would have to be a relatively strong magnetic field. 

If it's sporadic, it might not be the ice rink penalty box. You may be passing by a strong magnetic field elsewhere.

I'm late to the discussion but it's the cold. Watches with mechanical movements are temp sensitive, regulated by your body heat on your wrist.

Once I left my watch's backplate completely touching the steel base of my nightstand lamp, and I've also had a glass of ice water on top of the base near the watch, by morning it had lost about an hour.

Mechanical watches actually tend to lose time in higher temps and gain when it gets cold, but it would have to be cold enough for all the internals to get cold and remain that way long enough to gain time.

I noticed a lot of hockey stores are open now, as they weren't deemed essential businesses. I still have tape and stuff before the winter season was temporarily suspended. I have nothing to buy even though there's a lot of stuff on sale that is 2019 stuff. I'm guessing the lack of sales for 2 months has hurt local hockey stores.