Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GTHL_AAA_HOCKEY

Rookie of the year!

Who do you think will get the Rookie of the Year award?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'll have to play home town favorite here and go with with Raycroft. B) Boston's in the position they're in right now because of Raycroft's play between the pipes.

malone has done pretty good this year. he's really streaky though. he's cooled done a lot as of late. heatley didn't have that great of plus/minus either, didn't stop him from being a great rookie.

What about Ryan Malone! He has been putting up quite a bit of points on the worst team in the nhl...

Couldn't agree more, I'm more impressed with what Malone has done (22-20-42) for the worst team in the league than what Ryder has done (23-36-59) for the playoff bound Habs. Not to mention he trails Trent Hunter who is second among rookies by only 5 points. I think when it comes down to it though Ryder will be walking away with the Calder.

Ryan

I may be a bit biased, but what about JM Liles? To come in and play for a annual contender for the cup and play on the PP and contruibute means alot. The kid has been more than solid and has handled everything extremely well. I guess his only con is that he plays defense and you would have to have a dominating Dman to win the Calder...

I may be a bit biased, but what about JM Liles? To come in and play for a annual contender for the cup and play on the PP and contruibute means alot. The kid has been more than solid and has handled everything extremely well. I guess his only con is that he plays defense and you would have to have a dominating Dman to win the Calder...

i agree. Hes done what hes done silently and thats what will hurt him in the calder voting

one person I hadn't thought about till later was Marek Zdlickey. Is this kid technically a rookie? If so...48 points for a Dman in Nashville is huge. I am kinda surprised he has been looked over.

one person I hadn't thought about till later was Marek Zdlickey. Is this kid technically a rookie? If so...48 points for a Dman in Nashville is huge. I am kinda surprised he has been looked over.

He's too old.

I would have to Say Raycroft, he is the maint reason the Bruins are where they are, how many rookie goalies have you seen take a team to the playoffs the way he has. I mean, he put Potvin on the bench and told him to stay there!!I would say the JM is also a great rook, I saw that he want down last night, is he okay?

I'm a Bruin fan so it might be a little biased but I voted for Raycroft because he always keeps the Bruins in it even when thier defense isn't. But if Zherdev had played for the whole season it would probably be Zherdev. But he didn't so I said Raycroft.

I think Ryder and Raycroft are really good. But my vote is raycroft since he seems he has more worth to his team.

The 3 in the poll are better then him. take a look at Malone's plus/minus. That shows how good his defensive game is.

Look at everyone on the Penguins +/- . Malone isn't even the worst!! I'd say he deserves it, he can score breakaways, PP, shorthanded, and of course 5v5. He doesn't have the excuse that Mario made him good this year either, he doesnt have much of a supporting crew. He's big and strong, and has hands that make veteran Defensmen look like fools. Of course I think he'll be overlooked though.