Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DekeHead

Repalming gloves

Thanks Lchokey. I didn't think I'd find what I was looking for there because I wasn't looking for a remedy to crusty gloves but Darkstar did mention lexol.

I just got a pair of new gloves and was wondering if the following has merit. I found it on Epinions.com.

Caring for Gloves

Cleaning

When cleaning your palms, which should be done monthly or bimonthly, use saddle soap. I prefer walgreens. It is about 4 bucks and you can pick it up at hardware stores, shoe stores, and most department stores. When cleaning you'll need the following: Water, Saddle Soap, and a 2 Cloths. Wet the cloth and then take some saddle soap out of the container on the rag. Apply to the outside of the palm in small circles. After finishing the outside repeat on the inside. Take your second cloth and wet it. Then use this cloth to remove access soap. You do not need to remove all of the soap and do not run your gloves under the water. It can leave your palms feeling slimy. After you have completed this leave the gloves out to dry completely.

Softening the Gloves

To soften the gloves use Mink Oil. Just apply onto the gloves in a circle. Don't use too much. Allow this to try also before using it

Any thoughts?

For those of you that had eagles repalmed by other shops.

Did you purchase palms and then give them to the repair place? Did you just let them put any palms on?

Any other recommendations on what I should ask or look for?

What product do you reccomend Chadd?

Now, I know I'm not Chadd, but I've said it before and I'll say it again: plastic bags. I put my gloves in plastic bags after every skate and never have any issues with them drying-out and getting crusty. Some might consider it to be nasty, but in my opinion, it's worth it; my gloves always have that nice, moist, soft, broken-in feeling to them.

Now, I know I'm not Chadd, but I've said it before and I'll say it again: plastic bags. I put my gloves in plastic bags after every skate and never have any issues with them drying-out and getting crusty. Some might consider it to be nasty, but in my opinion, it's worth it; my gloves always have that nice, moist, soft, broken-in feeling to them.

Mmmm...bacteria.

Mmmm...bacteria.

I use funk free and it really helps delay crustiness for me.

Has anyone ever had any problems with Northern Sports Repair/fixitbymail.com? I sent out a pair of my gloves through my LHS to get goatskin palms, mesh gussets, and reinforcement on the right palm, and they came back with clarino palms and none of the other work done... The guy at Powerplay said he had never seen that before from them, but what about you guys here...?

Just wondering, if I have custom MIA gloves, should I send back to MIA or fixitbymail.com? I have kangaroo palms which apparently the store owner told me wears out pretty fast.

Update: I talked to Yves, who picked up the initial call. I told him about the concern, he said "Oh Damn," didn't ask me for my name, and just told me to write the order down on the same order sheet and send it in. Not impressed with his response, but we'll see in another 5 weeks or so...

Anyone know if they can put MSH2 palms on my Easton Synergy gloves? It doesn't have to be Eagle gloves right?

They're closed over there on the EAST already so I can't call them.

Tried my best to crack the acronym (if it is one.) What is MSH1/2 palms? :huh: Special ModSquadHockey palms? lol

it's the proprietary palms that come stock on eagle's upper level retail gloves (think ppf and x72...well x72 prior to the '09 line).

Just wondering, if I have custom MIA gloves, should I send back to MIA or fixitbymail.com? I have kangaroo palms which apparently the store owner told me wears out pretty fast.

I had the palms and gussets replaced on my MIAs without an issue. My original palms and gussets were microvent kangaroo which didn't more than 4 months. I would just specify the gusset color to them. They did great work on my MIAs as well as with my Vapor XXX gloves. Both gloves got MSH2 palms.

does fix it by mail have the msh2 palms without the eagle logo and mesh gussets can they do that if anyone knows that would be great

thanks

As somebody else mentioned (and somebody can correct me if I am wrong), MSH2 palms are proprietary to Eagle so they will always have the logo on them. Are you really that worried about the logo on the palm area of your glove that you would pass up MSH2s?

Tried my best to crack the acronym (if it is one.) What is MSH1/2 palms? :huh: Special ModSquadHockey palms? lol

Micro suede ????

Micro suede ????

I actually have the exact same question. I want to get a MSH2 palm in my synergy pro returns.

I thought there was a place called Palm Beach Pro Shop or something that would retrofit them to any gloves. I have searched and cant find them in google.

Can anyone help?

I think I saw it in the show it off thread?

It was a pair of Vapor XXX gloves with eagle palms. I have searched, but I cant see to find it... I also seem to suck at using the search function well in the forum