Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DekeHead

Repalming gloves

Sorry to bump a year-old topic, but I figured it's more ideal than starting my own thread.

I'm in Vancouver, BC, and none of the LHS in the area seem to do repalming anymore. I was going to send out my gloves on recommendation of Mark from Peaches to Nash sports (to avoid cross-border shipping), when I noticed that their website is down.

I was just wondering if anyone has had any recent experience with Nash? Having someone like JR vouch for Ralph (see a few posts above) is a very good sign, but I'm still a bit suspicious about sending them payment information and my gloves without a working website anymore that has all of their store information. I'm probably being a bit paranoid but better to be safe than sorry I guess.

EDIT: I found their new website after a bit of sleuthing. Looks like Ralph gave me the old one which doesn't work. For those interested, it's http://nashsports.ca/

I do a fair amount of business with Ralph, and had him repalm a few gloves for me in the past couple years - definitely good work and as trustworthy as they come.

Nice to see they've got a new site though (sorely needed).

No, but I do have the factory in China's contract info if you are willing to buy 1000 yards of fabric (approximately 24 pairs to one yard of fabric).

Soo... does anyone need 23,999 pairs of gloves repalmed? :laugh:

Okay- after getting Eagle gloves with goat palms, I HATE the way that synthetic palms feel. For me, synthetic palms feel slimy after awhile.

I am thinking of having my second favourite pair of gloves, my throwback tan Reebok 9000 four rolls re-palmed with deer (since Hockey Menders doesn't offer goat (though they do offer Digital grey). Any disadvantages to doing this? Is the glove returned in manufacturer's condition (if not better)?

Anyone know where to buy or repalm with mustang palms? Tried both done right sports and breakaway sports repair in Calgary and they don't have digital, msh2 or mustang palms.