Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Sandman8

Skates...Best bang for your buck ?

Cool...

My 1052 Tacks are still in good shape but I cant see them lasting another full year.

I'm trying to figure out what to go with....I'm not picky with boots or names.

Probably stick to either CCMs again or back to Bauers.

Cool...

My 1052 Tacks are still in good shape but I cant see them lasting another full year.

i would've said Nike V-12s for $99.99 if you asked a couple mounths ago but if your looking to try Bauers I guess Vapor XXs are going cheap now.

Bauer 8090s are great skates and can be bought at a reasonable price on closeout. You cant go wrong with the Graf 700 series. They may be expensive but they are about $100-$150 cheaper than other high end skates such as Synergy 1300s, Vapor XXXs, and RBK 8k & 9k. In my opinion, their performace is just as good if not better than the skates I listed. Graf makes a boot to fit several different foot types. The 703 fits a narrow foot, the 705 fits a midsize foot (similar to ccm fit), the 709 fits a wide foot with a high instep, etc. The Graf 700 series skates are comfortable if you get the right boot and size. They are also very durable. My last pair of 709s lasted me over 2 years and they still are in pretty good shape.

Cool...

i would've said Nike V-12s for $99.99 if you asked a couple mounths ago but if your looking to try Bauers I guess Vapor XXs are going cheap now.

I agree. The Nike V-12 and Vapor XX are the best skates at a low price.

Can't complain about the E-60s that are going for $100 in most places.

I second that. I just picked up a pair and they're great if you are used to the CCM fit.

I would suggest Bauer 8000s. When I put on the 8090s it felt like I was lacing cardboard to my feet. The 8000s are pretty much remade 7000s but softer, they're discontinued so you can find them at great prices, probably cheaper than 8090s and XXs. I'm skating on Grafs but wouldn't hesitate to pick up a pair of 8000s

Bauer 8090s are great skates and can be bought at a reasonable price on closeout. You cant go wrong with the Graf 700 series. They may be expensive but they are about $100-$150 cheaper than other high end skates such as Synergy 1300s, Vapor XXXs, and RBK 8k & 9k. In my opinion, their performace is just as good if not better than the skates I listed. Graf makes a boot to fit several different foot types. The 703 fits a narrow foot, the 705 fits a midsize foot (similar to ccm fit), the 709 fits a wide foot with a high instep, etc. The Graf 700 series skates are comfortable if you get the right boot and size. They are also very durable. My last pair of 709s lasted me over 2 years and they still are in pretty good shape.

I've heard a lot of good reviews on the Bauer 8090's....fair pricing on a decent boot.

Always been curious to trying Grafs as well.