Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fonya

**The Official iPod and iTunes Thread**

if it's that old. it could be the battery. is it charging at all?

not sure :S ... i mean ive left it plugged in the wall charger for a few days hoping it needed some crazy juice, but all it still does is when i press the power button the white apple logo lights up and then it shuts off again. i guess i should try charging it to the PC?

not sure :S ... i mean ive left it plugged in the wall charger for a few days hoping it needed some crazy juice, but all it still does is when i press the power button the white apple logo lights up and then it shuts off again. i guess i should try charging it to the PC?

sounds like a firmware issue, but i could be wrong. I'd try getting it in DFU mode and doing a firmware restore.

When I have my iPhone connected to iTunes and look at the list of songs within my playlists on the phone (but within the iTunes window), I'm noticing curious functionality. I have about ten playlists, as well as the entire list of music, but what's strange is the sort order is different among each list and I can't change it. For instance, one playlist is sorted by song, another by albums, another by artist, and double-clicking at the top of each header isn't changing the sort. I discovered this when I saw a few songs on the phone that I didn't think should be there based on the criteria of my playlists, so I connected the phone to iTunes to try to track down why these songs were being ported over.

Any idea how to change some dip switches to allow me to change the sorting, whether within iTunes, the iPhone or my computer?

When I have my iPhone connected to iTunes and look at the list of songs within my playlists on the phone (but within the iTunes window), I'm noticing curious functionality. I have about ten playlists, as well as the entire list of music, but what's strange is the sort order is different among each list and I can't change it. For instance, one playlist is sorted by song, another by albums, another by artist, and double-clicking at the top of each header isn't changing the sort. I discovered this when I saw a few songs on the phone that I didn't think should be there based on the criteria of my playlists, so I connected the phone to iTunes to try to track down why these songs were being ported over.

Any idea how to change some dip switches to allow me to change the sorting, whether within iTunes, the iPhone or my computer?

Is the entire iPod section under music greyed out?

Is the entire iPod section under music greyed out?

No, I can expand the iPhone section and look at each of its playlists individually, but I can't change the sort of a playlist. If every playlist was being sorted on the same field, I'd assume this was Apple's default sort field. But the fact that most of the playlists are being sorted on different fields tells me it's possible to change the sort, but I don't know how.

Got a question here. So I downloaded a few free mixtapes off of the Internet, files are good and work, and when I go to import themto my library, I click ok after I have the items selected but nothing happens. The box that pops up with the files to choose disappears and I just see iTunes, no files added or anything.

Got a question here. So I downloaded a few free mixtapes off of the Internet, files are good and work, and when I go to import themto my library, I click ok after I have the items selected but nothing happens. The box that pops up with the files to choose disappears and I just see iTunes, no files added or anything.

So, what's the question?

I download some free mixtapes off the internet too. The easiest way to import them is to go to the file location and select the mp3 files and click and drag all of the files over into itunes. Drag the files over the music folder on the left hand side. itunes will add the files to your library without having to go through the import dialog box.

thanks mac, tried that last night and now i have all of my music on my ipod. never knew that apple products could play mp3's. thought they had to be aac or whatever

No, I can expand the iPhone section and look at each of its playlists individually, but I can't change the sort of a playlist. If every playlist was being sorted on the same field, I'd assume this was Apple's default sort field. But the fact that most of the playlists are being sorted on different fields tells me it's possible to change the sort, but I don't know how.

To change it you would have to change the order in the actual playlist you have in iTunes on your sidebar on the left and when you sync it should update in that order. If you tried to change it via you iPhone selection on iTunes it won't change the order since it is showing what is actually on it.

I've passed down a iPhone to my daughter that she is using as an iTouch, but it won't stay connected to the internet. It's currently sitting three feet from my router, in the Settings app, and I see the Wi-Fi go from "Harris" to "Not Connected" every five seconds.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I got lazy. I should have searched the net first. I read a couple of websites and found a suggestion to reset network settings; it appears to be working for her now.

I don't know why, but my iPod Touch (1st Gen) wouldn't work in iTunes...I had to restore it. After I did, it tried to re-sync everything from a backup in iTunes. My Music, Mail & Contacts all appeared to have gone through okay, but my Apps won't sync. It says I have to Authorize my computer, but when I click 'Store>Authorize' as it instructed...I get an iTunes Store error. I can log in on the device and get new Apps no problem.

Thoughts?

[EDIT]: n/m...as always...patience is not a strong suit of mine. I closed iTunes, waited half an hour and tried again. It works now.

Not exactly ipod/itunes related, but I just stepped on and cracked the screen in my Macbook (unibody 2008, silver, non pro version). I've got a bit of spiderwebbing on the bottom half of the screen and a small black/green patch at the very bottom, just to the left of the MacBook logo. Small enough to not really interfere with much, but annoying nonetheless. I've searched online and found a few places that will fix screens, mainly mail-in services. My first question is do I need to replace the full LCD screen (double the price) or could I get away with just replacing the glass. I'm assuming the black patch means the damage is deeper than just the glass but I'm no expert on these things. Secondly, If I brought this to an apple store could they fix it for me in house, rather than having to wait for shipping, etc. If anyone has been through this I'd be curious as to how much apple would overcharge compared to some of those mail-in sites, as it might be worth it just to avoid going days/weeks without a laptop. Thanks

Apple really controls their products, including repairs through their stores or authorized resellers only, so it makes the cost of repair fairly steep. That said, I tried to switch out a hard drive once -- I stopped because the drive was going to come from China and I had no idea of its quality -- but pulling off the screen took about eight seconds. So, depending on how bad the black patch is, I'd look into a replacement screen and do the job yourself. They're held on by magnets, so the instructions I found were tighten a piece of packing tape onto the screen, then pull up. That method works fine.