Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fonya

**The Official iPod and iTunes Thread**

Hi guys, I got 2 questions. I'm new to the Ipod world-got a Nano.

Are the Roots leather cases any good? I heard some cases scratch the screen ETC.

Is it natural for the battery to drain while your not using it. I mean I charged it and then shut it off with the hold button, I alson tried without the hold button and when I go to use it in the morning I see some of the battery has been already drained. Is this normal?

Is it natural for the battery to drain while your not using it.  I mean I charged it and then shut it off with the hold button, I alson tried without the hold button and when I go to use it in the morning I see some of the battery has been already drained. Is this normal?

Ipods never completely shut off, they go into a "sleep mode" when you power it down. And the answer to you're question is yes.

Hi guys,

im considering buying a new 30G ipod for myself. Are therereally alotof bugs im going to run into that i have to download stuff to fix it??? What are the frequent problems???

Is this 30g I-pod worth the $300bucks???

Its worth it if you can fill it up with songs, Nanos are around 249 USD i believe, so you can get 26 more gb for 50 more bucks, Thats why i chose to buy a 30gb iPod video. For bugs i have had no problems what so ever.

many of my friends got 30 gig ipod video's and constantly complain because tehy dont know how to put movies on it.

could someone tell me how, so i can print it out and show it to my friends?

Hi guys, I got 2 questions. I'm new to the Ipod world-got a Nano.

Are the Roots leather cases any good? I heard some cases scratch the screen ETC.

Is it natural for the battery to drain while your not using it.  I mean I charged it and then shut it off with the hold button, I alson tried without the hold button and when I go to use it in the morning I see some of the battery has been already drained. Is this normal?

You actually have to put it in sleep mode first. My friend just thought you put the hold button on. To put in it sleep, hold the play button until the screen turns off then put the hold button on. Or go to sleep in the menu.

many of my friends got 30 gig ipod video's and constantly complain because tehy dont know how to put movies on it.

Check the first post.

Yea but know you got to wait for like 1 hour and a half to put them all on. That's what sucks.

Its almost instantly for a song.

Exactly. The only people who complain about them don't know how to use them.

And I have a 30gig one. The reason being: The local electonic shops didn't have any 60's in stock...

I'd hope you have a BIG cd collection for 60gb. I have 30gb and only 1530 songs on it right now, have to add a few CDs though.

Well considering you can fill it with pics and vids too, it can fill up easier. As for music-only, I have ~113 gb of it floating around.

The battery life is still the same isnt it? But even if its not still if you load it with videos your battery wont last a mear day. I listen to music in school, off and on, and my battery is dead pretty much when i get home.

Nope it has better battery life and ram. Its two 30 gig harddrives stacked together. Thats why its twice as thick.

Nope it has better battery life and ram. Its two 30 gig harddrives stacked together. Thats why its twice as thick.

Umm, no?

It's a dual-platter hard drive rather than a single. And it's .44 of an inch for a 30gig and .55 for a 60. 44 x 2 = .88. .56 != .88.

Far from double.

Battery life: 2 hours of video for 30, 3 for 60. 14 hours of music for 30, 20 for 60.

Get the facts straight.

And the internal memory systems are all the same.

Umm, no?

It's a dual-platter hard drive rather than a single. And it's .44 of an inch for a 30gig and .55 for a 60. 44 x 2 = .88. .56 != .88.

Far from double.

Battery life: 2 hours of video for 30, 3 for 60. 14 hours of music for 30, 20 for 60.

Get the facts straight.

Sorry, I see your defensive about the chubby 60 gigs. Your right though, but I did hear it had better ram according to ilounge.

What happens when you i-pod batery goes. I head u have to get the whole i-pod replaced by apple of whatever for like $60.... Is this true, and do they give u any major problems about it????

You send it to apple and you get a refurbished iPod back from them; not the one you sent in. In rare instances people have gotten completely new ones but I wouldn't bank on that.

Umm, no?

Far from double.

Get the facts straight.

Sorry, I see your defensive about the chubby 60 gigs. Your right though, but I did hear it had better ram according to ilounge.

Not defensive, just annoyed at the mis-information. I'm going to go check iLounge for any ram differences.

What happens when you i-pod batery goes. I head u have to get the whole i-pod replaced by apple of whatever for like $60....  Is this true, and do they give u any major problems about it????

You send it to apple and you get a refurbished iPod back from them; not the one you sent in. In rare instances people have gotten completely new ones but I wouldn't bank on that.

Ok, what do we mean by refurbished??? Im guessing one someone else sent in for a battery problem?? Do the put frsh bateries back in them at least??? And change the casing so ya dont get a scrached POS back???

Also, all these car adapter kits that power the ipod through the car, is that bad for the batter life? Does it count as a charge??? Isnt there like a certain number of charges u can get out of the thing.

Is it bad to always have it like hooked up to the cigarete lighter for power????

What happens when you i-pod batery goes. I head u have to get the whole i-pod replaced by apple of whatever for like $60....  Is this true, and do they give u any major problems about it????

Ok, what do we mean by refurbished??? Im guessing one someone else sent in for a battery problem?? Do the put frsh bateries back in them at least??? And change the casing so ya dont get a scrached POS back???

Also, all these car adapter kits that power the ipod through the car, is that bad for the batter life? Does it count as a charge??? Isnt there like a certain number of charges u can get out of the thing.

Is it bad to always have it like hooked up to the cigarete lighter for power????

Look up what refurbished means. If you know what it actually is, you'll understand what they do.

Hooking it to a car mount does nothing dentrimental. And leaving it hooked up is fine, li-ion batteries don't react the same way ni-cd's do.

Google it or go ask around at ilounge...There are many good quality places that do it for ~30.00 USD and you keep your ipod