Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fonya

**The Official iPod and iTunes Thread**

My freinds nano has a problem. Whenevre you play a song, nothing comes up. It doesnt show the song title or anything. Its just a blank screen. Does anybody know what the problem is?

Okay guys, I've got a problem regarding batteries and sending it to Apple which is similar to 92hatchattack's.

My battery does not hold a charge whatsoever. On the 18 hour battery life, it holds a charge for 30-45 minutes. It takes usually about 12-15 hours to charge for that half an hour of play time. I read an article in the newspaper today that you can send it to Apple to get a new battery for $90 CDN. I was planning on doing this but was curious on how long it would take from the time I send it away, until the time I have it back in my hands? I have the extended warranty from London Drugs, would it be advisable just to take it there and see if they'll give me a new one? There would be a problem with that though, since I have a mini 4 GB and those aren't being made anymore.

Thank you to all who can help!

Well if you are still under warrenty you should be covered. They should replace it with either a mini if they have one, a new battery for it or a nano or something.

Thanks Fonya. I only got my mini 9 months ago and the extended warranty was for two years so I'll go in this weekend and see what will happen.

*FOLLOW UP*

I went into London Drugs today to see what could happen with my iPod. They said that although i still had the warranty from there it was Apple's problem. I came home and did what they told me. I went onto apple.com and iPod Support. Then, I did all this stuff to get it repaired by Apple itself. So for $45.55 CDN, Apple is going to send me a box where I will put my iPod in it and send it to them. Then they'll either fix it, or replace it with a new one. I was "guaranteed" to receive it (fixed or replaced) within ten business days of when Apple receives it.

Is there anyway to plug your ipod into someone elses computer and upload their library on to your ipod? When I tried, it asked if I wanted to erase all my songs and replace it with all of theirs, so I clicked no since I really didnt want every song on there. Would one way of doing this be taking their songs on to your ipod, then loading all those songs on to your itunes, then re-uploading all of them? I think there was a post in a different ipod thread about loading songs from ipod on to your computer.

is it possible to download videos off of ares or another P2P service and then put these onto a video ipod? and if this is possible can someone give instructions on howe to do it?

guys my ipod nano will not turn on. i think the battery might have run out but when i plug it in nothing happens. the computer shows its plugged in but the ipod wont turn on. any suggestins would be appreciated.

Send it to Apple. I've been extremly impressed with their customer service thus far. Another report will be in the following in a few days.

is it possible to download videos off of ares or another P2P service and then put these onto a video ipod? and if this is possible can someone give instructions on howe to do it?

Yes you can. All you have to do is convert the file using Videora iPod Converter.

I was using Limewire basic, but discovered it gave my computer hundreds of viruses, so Im ditching it in about a week, but I dont want to have to re download all my songs. I never did learn how to put my limewire songs onto itunes and my ipod. so i would just listen to those newly downloaded songs on limwire. When Im on limewire, Ill go to tools, options, then down to I tunes and click on sharing. I then choose both methods up top and clicked apply ok.

If it didnt work id do one of the methods and click apply ok.

then i clicked on of the methods and clicked restore defaults, apply ok

nothing that i tried worked. I tried all the possible sequences. My question is how to get limewire songs onto itunes and ipod. Please PM me with any help. Thanks.

In itunes just go to file>add file to library and find the folder where your song is and add it or I think you can just drag and drop the files from limewire right into itunes. Then from there you can drag the songs into the ipod manually or have it sync automatically.

and one more, while i was trying to make limewire convert, i some how got all my itunes playlists to double. its not taking up extra song spaces, but theres just alot more playlists thats pointless. anyone know how to go back to one playlist instead of doubling them.

I got my iPod mini about 8 months ago from Futureshop and its not working now and I want to return so I phoned them and they told me Apple has their number in the booklet you get with it but I skimmed through it and didn't see one. Is there a number? or should I take it to the store?

Within six days, I sent my iPod to Apple and had a replacement back in my sweaty little palms this morning. Fantastic service from Apple Canada and would recommend this to anyone. Probably the best customer service I've ever seen in this day and age.

Sooo here it is:

I've had my iPod for a year and a few months, she's been a tank so far but it looks like a new one is in order. Before that goes down, I want to know if I can fix what's going on or if it's done for good now. Generally, whenever I charge it the charge lasts for a good hr 20 mins, even if I charge it for an entire day. That's cool, because I only use it when I'm working out and before games, never for much longer than an hour. It's pretty inconsistent with how long it lasts, but that's the timeframe usually. Once it dies, one of two things happen. Either the low batt. symbol and screen come up, or, what has been happening even more lately is that a folder comes up, and has an exclamation mark and then it freezes and I can't use it for a good 40 minutes, until the rest of the batt. dies. What might this little folder screen be, and what does it mean would be my question for you guys..? Thanks boys

The folder is a problem with the internal OS. A restore should cure that. As for the other, your battery went to shit.

My 4g's Hdd drive died 10 days after the warrenty ended, hdd failed. I got a 5g a few weeks later.

Within six days, I sent my iPod to Apple and had a replacement back in my sweaty little palms this morning. Fantastic service from Apple Canada and would recommend this to anyone. Probably the best customer service I've ever seen in this day and age.

How did you send it back?

Apple sends you a box, you put your iPod in it, mail it to Apple. Than they will send back another. I believe its how it works.. Correct me if im wrong.

That's exactly what happens Miike. It costed me $45.55 I think, and I got a replacement iPod mini within six days. The new one is working perfect.