Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2006 Mission Catalogue

i just checked missions site for the mission L-2, it says in int/75 flex they have it in hull, hatcher,leopold, and elias. in the catalogue, it says they have it in hatcher, elias, leopold 2(thats hull, correct?), rafalski, and ribiero. can anyone clarify? i realize that intermediate doesnt matter since it still uses an junior blade. also, are any of the mentioned blade patterns with a closed face? cause on missions site it doesnt get really specific, just saying slight, moderate, or deep, nothing more.alot of charts i see dont say A) if its closed, slightly open, or very open B) a specific face, "open". nows another question...would it make much of a difference if i got a shaft/blade with a junior blade (like the L-2) rather than an int. shaft with int. blade (like easton synthesis or synergy II)? thanks

i just checked missions site for the mission L-2, it says in int/75 flex they have it in hull, hatcher,leopold, and elias. in the catalogue, it says they have it in hatcher, elias, leopold 2(thats hull, correct?), rafalski, and ribiero. can anyone clarify? i realize that intermediate doesnt matter since it still uses an junior blade. also, are any of the mentioned blade patterns with a closed face? cause on missions site it doesnt get really specific, just saying slight, moderate, or deep, nothing more.alot of charts i see dont say A) if its closed, slightly open, or very open B) a specific face, "open". nows another question...would it make much of a difference if i got a shaft/blade with a junior blade (like the L-2) rather than an int. shaft with int. blade (like easton synthesis or synergy II)? thanks

I believe that the reason for the differences in curves listed on Mission's website and in the catalog, is due to new curves being added for 2006. I don't believe that Mission has updated their website yet. As for your question about buying a L2 verses a Synthesis. The int. L2 uses a Jr/Int. blade, I've found that they are about the same size as a tapered Easton blade. It also depends on what curve you are getting, because the Hatcher is a shorted blade. I would say that it comes down to PP.

thanks. anyone know of any mission patterns with a closed face?

The Hull/Leopold 2 is about as close as you're going to find.

just cause you dont like the z-1 that z-2 has bad performance? even if it is a 2piece z-1, they COULD have made improvements on it(didn't check the catalogue). if not, well then its a pricepoint stick and not geared to ya i guess.

Anyone notice the Intake helmet is different than the pro version.  There are ugly pieces on the side of the helmet where the expanding peice is.  Look at the picture of players in the catalog (it resembles the HC100 side).

The retail version has a different style adjuster that sticks out and doesn't mesh as well with the helmet

It's an extra piece of plastic on retail versions.

Can that extra piece of plastic be removed and replaced with screws (like the pros have)?

Does anyone know how much the Pulse OPS will be selling for?

Hopfully not as much as the CCM V130 did when they first came out 200 USD!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o

just cause you dont like the z-1 that z-2 has bad performance? even if it is a 2piece z-1, they COULD have made improvements on it(didn't check the catalogue). if not, well then its a pricepoint stick and not geared to ya i guess.

wow calm down. i think he was just saying it sucks how the discount stick looks better than the high performance one.

Elias looks more closed to me than the Hull/Leo2.

Elias looks more closed to me than the Hull/Leo2.

It isn't, at least the couple dozen of each that I've seen aren't that way.

Anyone seen a mission ion shaft on preorder or has a more specific release date been issued rather than 'THE SPRING'? :P

So the Z-2 is just a cheaper version of the L-2, and the Pulse is to stealth as Hex 1 is to SL?

Too much stuff!

It seems that the Elias is a 5 lie, mid/heel...forsberg modano clone?

Wondering what blades will fit into the tapered mission L-2 shaft? any difference from year to year? current model?

could i use the Louisville R2 wood taper blade?

cheers!

Wondering what blades will fit into the tapered mission L-2 shaft? any difference from year to year? current model?

could i use the Louisville R2 wood taper blade?

cheers!

Senior shafts use sr tapered blades, jr and int shafts use jr blades.

Anyone notice the Intake helmet is different than the pro version.  There are ugly pieces on the side of the helmet where the expanding peice is.  Look at the picture of players in the catalog (it resembles the HC100 side).

The retail version has a different style adjuster that sticks out and doesn't mesh as well with the helmet

It's an extra piece of plastic on retail versions.

Can that extra piece of plastic be removed and replaced with screws (like the pros have)?

On the one I have at home it looks like you will need some wahers under there if you wish to take the plastic piece off.

So the Z-2 is just a cheaper version of the L-2, and the Pulse is to stealth as Hex 1 is to SL?

Too much stuff!

It seems that the Elias is a 5 lie, mid/heel...forsberg modano clone?

i thought the z-2 was a 2 piece z-1

Edited by snap