Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

Tackla 951 Advantage

Tackla 951 Advantage

Since I started hockey around last December I got one of those starter packages, one, thinking it was a good idea at the time, two, because it was cheap. Unfortunately the package came with Bauer 300 pants which completely reeked. Every fall, every impact I would feel it and it would give me some kind of bruise or pain the next day. I had enough of that and so I said to myself, 'time for new pants.'

Fit - Being a Nike/Bauer fanboy I was gonna go for Quest 2's because of the positive feedback i've been reading about it by searching thru MSH. When I got to work I tried on Tackla 951s and they just felt better. Quest 2's were too loose for me. When I tried these pants on, I knew these were the ones. 10/10

Protection- 300's had crap for protection. One fall on your butt and you always knew you were gonna have a tailbone bruise. 951's? No more pain rushes after falling on your butt. I've taken pucks to the thighs and got slashes on the hips, didn't hurt at all. I would say these are protective, but they certainly aren't tanks. 8.5/10

Weight - I'm not worried about weight. Not light, not heavy. 10/10

Durability- So far the main pants been fine. The inside on the back by the zipper started to get unstitched but that was a good thing because I was able to sew on an NHL Patch I got from eBay. Nothing major so I don't have much complaints. 9/10

Intangibles: I love how these pants have double belt fit system, zippers and how the liner is really comfortable. Zippers were probably something I wasn't crazy about till I realised how much faster it is to get into gear. As for double belt system, I'm pretty sure it was designed so that you don't need suspenders but I use them anyway because I like keeping my pants loose during the game.

9/10

Conclusion - To me it's going to be a pant that i'm going to enjoy a LOT while it lasts. When NBH's Vapor lineup comes out, I'll take a look at those or maybe even try something different like Salming if I can ever get my hands on those. If all else fails, Tackla is there. Ask anyone on this board and I'm sure you'll rarely hear anything bad about Tackla.

Overall Rating - 9.3/10

Tackla 951

I was wearing a CCM Girdle for 10 years before I picked these up. I ordered them from the hockey shop in Canada and they shipped them out to me in Chicago no problem. I couldn't find the features in a girdle I wanted so I figured it was time to go back to pants.

Fit - I bought mine in a size 54 since I am a beer leaguer whose drank to much beer. I wanted something snug around the hips with enough protection to prevent hip pointers and bruising which I had a problem with in my old girdle. These pants are snug and take a nice tug to get on. The legs are roomy and fit loose and allow for great range of motion. It is my understanding that that's what these are for and Tackla hit the mark.

10/10

Protection- Compared to what I was wearing these things are tanks. The protection runs up high on the sides and back almost to the bottom of my rib cage. I didn't find the proctection at all confining. The thigh pad and is large and increases my profile by maybe 2 inches.

9/10

Weight - I wouldn't say these are the lightest pants but they are not too heavy. My teammates were passing them around the room and everyone commented that these arn't too heavy. But the do look like they would weigh a ton

8/10

Durability- She shell is made out of heavy weight canvas like a bag. It seems pretty cut resistant. The inside is a slick fabric material. Since the legs have zippers some people may put their skates on before the pants and that may tear up the insides.

8/10

Conclusion - I would say these are great pants for what I do. Maybe a bit overkill for a men's league but after getting some bad bone bruises on my hip joints anf some pointers I don't think it's too much. A nice pant with good looks.

8.75/10

Overall Rating -