Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Geeno_56

Guitar stuff or what ever you play

I would try to go for a Sonor 505 or Pearl Forum. Both are great beginner kits.

Gotta get some new pics of my kit, got some new stuff today.

Edited by Fonya

I don't even know what those are. The reason I said to stay away from the olympic is because I had a friend who had one "granted this was years ago" and the shells where made out of what looked like particle board or something like that and they sounded like garbage not matter what I did to them. I know you can get like a tama rockstar "think they still make those" or pearl export made out of layered mahogany and if you just chuck some pinstripes on them and they'll sound pretty good. Also if you can get a kit with mounted toms do it because that really makes the difference.

I don't even know what those are. The reason I said to stay away from the olympic is because I had a friend who had one "granted this was years ago" and the shells where made out of what looked like particle board or something like that and they sounded like garbage not matter what I did to them. I know you can get like a tama rockstar "think they still make those" or pearl export made out of layered mahogany and if you just chuck some pinstripes on them and they'll sound pretty good. Also if you can get a kit with mounted toms do it because that really makes the difference.

Forums are mahogany and exports are poplar. I dont recommend exports because for the price you can get into a nice birch or maple kit. And every kit except for high end kits with virgin kicks come with mounted toms.

Just pick up(well not just i got it 3 weeks ago) a ESP EX-400 with 60 81 EMG pick up set, I just love this guitar play everyday I will NEVER sell this and I have a ESP EX-50 somewhere in the US---> I figured out the bad way that you should never get a guitar off of ebay. <_<

My baby

DSCF0989.jpg

The "guitar or hockey" topic brought this old one to mind. I just picked up a new 50's strat at the guitar center "list" sale for $399. It plays pretty well but needs to be tweaked a little. I didn't have room to put the mahogany tele on a stand but that's the only missing guitar that I use. There are some others in the closet that never get out.

guitarsgx0.jpg

Close to two years now. It sounds fantastic for the most part. The pickups on the new strat are a little thin but everything else sounds fantastic through it. You might want to think twice about the stack, I can't imagine any situation where the combo would be lacking.

Good taste, Chadd..... that Gold top is making me drool. I'm also a big fan of the Alvarez acoustics...

Funny thing is didn't pay more than $500 for any of them. Add in all the pickups and parts I've gone through with some of them and it gets crazy.

i'm more of an amp whore than a guitar whore. thinned the guitar herd down to my one favorite, a hamer special P-90 (USA). basically a double cut les paul.

as far as amps:

silver face fender bassman (modified by billy zoom of X)

black face fender bassman

JCM 800 (50 watt, dark green tolex, limited edition small box head - looks like a JMP) w/matching slant 4x10

carvin X50B combo

carvin x100b head (needs some work)

no 4x12s at the moment, was desperate for money a while back and got rid of a framus with V30s, a marshall 4x12 w/the 75s, and a carvin cab. actually i've got an ampeg but it's a POS not worth using.

i've also got a bassman 2x12 clone someone built for me waiting for speakers too.

i think that's it for now. i've owned a few other JCM800's i've sold over the years, a rivera... i feel like there's a lot more i can't remember.

blackface bassman = awesome when cranked for raw rock sounds

JCM800 + boost = awesome for harder rock / punk, even older metal

this thread reminded me, a 'buddy' of mine has my 18 watt marshall clone i was building. hmm.

Edited by dix0r

It's not a matter of power really, it's a matter of needing a bigger, "wall of sound" rather. the B-52's still a stellar amp, agreed there. No pictures, but I have a slightly modded "quarter stack" as of now (Peavey head, with a Carvin 2x12" combo as the cab) which sounds great, white Strat, and just an old CE-2 chorus for stomps.

dix0r: What's the Ampeg you're talking about? A cab right? Is it an SVT? I can't imagine an SVT cab being that awful, unless it has some sort of damage to it.

It's not a matter of power really, it's a matter of needing a bigger, "wall of sound" rather. the B-52's still a stellar amp, agreed there. No pictures, but I have a slightly modded "quarter stack" as of now (Peavey head, with a Carvin 2x12" combo as the cab) which sounds great, white Strat, and just an old CE-2 chorus for stomps.

dix0r: What's the Ampeg you're talking about? A cab right? Is it an SVT? I can't imagine an SVT cab being that awful, unless it has some sort of damage to it.

i can't recall the model (it's in my parent's garage) but it's a cheesy one, probably made of particle board, with craptacular speakers. i do like ampeg bass gear but i'm not a big fan of whatever it is that i have. it was an uninformed first 'real' amp purchase heh

Good taste, Chadd..... that Gold top is making me drool. I'm also a big fan of the Alvarez acoustics...

Funny thing is didn't pay more than $500 for any of them. Add in all the pickups and parts I've gone through with some of them and it gets crazy.

I deeply, deeply regret dumping majority of my gear after I quit my last band... Just being so burnt out, I wanted it all out of my face, and I had no means of storage... I had a lovely Spector Europe 4 string in emerald green, an Ampeg SVT-3 Pro head, and an Ampeg 8x10 cab. I'll also look for an old pic to scan of my custom ESP's.... I had an Ultratone, and a snazzy Eclipse through a 3 channel Boogie Dual Rec half stack.

Lately I've been eyeing new gear (I may have to wait 'til post-wedding: Sept '09) and although I'm not a Peavey fan, the new Valveking sounds great for the $$..

^^I got the chance to play through a ton of amps the other day (took a road trip down state and went to some shops), and I was pretty impressed with Peavey's 6505 Plus. The XXX is a bit much for me, but also the Vox AC50PH's were by far the best I played all day.

I love the XXX.. it's essentially a bargain basement Dual Rec. If I really needed that much gain, I'd be all for it as opposed to unloaded the big bucks for Mesa.

I won a First Act guitar for Converse's 100th anniversary. From the pics online, it had the Chuck Taylor inlay, etc. They just sent me a normal First Act Sheena CE240. Pretty nice, considering it was free and all. I'm pretty impressed with the high end First Act stuff... I've been meaning to mosey on down to the factory right here in Boston/Somerville.

Nice cab, it would have looked great with my '78 Marshall head. Unfortunately, I sold that a long time ago.

Bumping an old thread with my custom strat I made myself, labor of love haha

IMG_20110402_222517.jpg

Specs of my Strat:

Warmoth Body (forget wood type)

Original Floating Floyd Rose

Seymour Duncan SH-4 in Bridge

Seymour Duncan Vintage in Middle

Seymour Duncan Hot-Rails in Neck

22 Fret Maple Neck with Jumbo frets

Authentic Schaller Tuners (Made in Germany)

My setup includes (No pic since its all buried somewhere)

B52 AT212 Amp Stock

Boss Noisegate

10 Band EQ (forget brand)

Hope more MSH members show off their guitars and rigs!

Edited by Axxion89