Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Geeno_56

Guitar stuff or what ever you play

I know a couple people that bought stuff from GFS and they've long since replaced the parts they got from there. It's factory direct, so you save a couple bucks, but it is still low quality stuff.

The pick ups are good, the brass blocks for trems are good, even their Floyd Rose is good (as I have it on good authority that it's basically the same one that came on the Peavey Wolfgang), but the tuners I got from GFS are meh.

I just wonder if anyone has any experience with the Earl Slick guitars, but I am thinking I have to be the first. I'm thinking I'd rather buy a Gibson LP faded special or Melody Maker for a "cheap" guitar.

As of right now:

Bass: Peavy Foundation 5-string (it was a 'hand-me-down' so not certain on all the specs)...Dean EAB (cheap price = cheap quality)

Guitar: Breedlove Studio 12-string A/E

I also play the piano also and hope to upgrade/add on/take on more instruments in the near future.

Adding to the collection: Martin LXME. I'm a Martin fanboy haha.

Nice, I'm still banging away on an old Alvarez but I would love to get a D18 when I get a couple bills paid off. Somehow I still haven't made the drive up to Nazareth PA to visit the factory.

That's a nice guitar my friend. I'm rooting for you. I'm praying that this summer I can get a full-size Martin. Would like to keep it under $1,000 and with so many options, I'll take the time to hear them all. Big fan of the GPCPA5. Intrigued by the DRSGT and DRS1/2. Yea, that is a trip that is long overdue for me. Only an hour or so drive from where I'm located.

That's a nice guitar my friend. I'm rooting for you. I'm praying that this summer I can get a full-size Martin. Would like to keep it under $1,000 and with so many options, I'll take the time to hear them all. Big fan of the GPCPA5. Intrigued by the DRSGT and DRS1/2. Yea, that is a trip that is long overdue for me. Only an hour or so drive from where I'm located.

I see used D16 variants on craigslist for well under your price on a pretty regular basis. Believe me, I've been tempted to jump on them a couple times.

Ive had many guitars/amps over the years..I actually build and repair them...not so much anymore...China put me out of business. I have an EPI Bonamassa LP in Pelham blue that sounds amazing.

Edited by HockeyHacker

Ive had many guitars/amps over the years..I actually build and repair them...not so much anymore...China put me out of business. I have an EPI Bonamassa LP in Pelham blue that sounds amazing.

Post a clip. I'd love to hear/see it!

I'll try this weekend. I cant seem to figure out how to add photos either?

Photos have to be hosted on a site like photobucket.

My first venture with Eastman guitars. Liking what I'm hearing so far. Still a Martin fan boy though ha.

I haven't tried their acoustics but the T186 that I played was a nice guitar.

No pics and a question. I'm looking at a strat style with a Floyd Rose. I have four options, a parts build, a Fender HSS Mexican, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Jackson SDX (Adrian Smith signature).

I'd buying blind, no stores around me have any of these. The Fender would be the safest as I have played many Mexican strats.

So, anyone have any first hand experience with any of these?

No pics and a question. I'm looking at a strat style with a Floyd Rose. I have four options, a parts build, a Fender HSS Mexican, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Jackson SDX (Adrian Smith signature).

I'd buying blind, no stores around me have any of these. The Fender would be the safest as I have played many Mexican strats.

So, anyone have any first hand experience with any of these?

I have a Mexi HSS with a Floyd, nice guitar. Floyds are a pain in the ass to set up correctly but they do what they do very well. The Charvels were made in the same plant at first but production has moved to Asia, if my memory serves. I have played a few of them and they were consistently good as well.

Yeah, sort of leaning towards the strat. Seems like the safe bet in terms of buying blind. The charvel is tempting...I loved those old san dimas necks.

That first setup can be a pain, but if you do it right it's much easier to maintain. If you change gauge strings, you need to reset the bridge, and you must block the bridge from bottoming out when you change strings.

Just arrived in the mail today, "Government Edition" 335. The rosewood in the fretboard was part of the wood confiscated in the raid of the Gibson factory a couple years ago and returned as part of the settlement. It's #99 of 300 and if I were inclined to name my guitars, this one would be "Wayne" for obvious reasons. But I'm not and it won't be.

12249966_10207126836785516_3519909123839

• Like 3

Just arrived in the mail today, "Government Edition" 335. The rosewood in the fretboard was part of the wood confiscated in the raid of the Gibson factory a couple years ago and returned as part of the settlement. It's #99 of 300 and if I were inclined to name my guitars, this one would be "Wayne" for obvious reasons. But I'm not and it won't be.

12249966_10207126836785516_3519909123839

i want to report this image for being so damn hot! i feel like you should Nigel Tufnell me right now, and tell me "you've looked at it long enough"

that flat black tho

Edited by GreatestAmericanBeardo

i want to report this image for being so damn hot! i feel like you should Nigel Tufnell me right now, and tell me "you've looked at it long enough"

that flat black tho

I liked the Cornell 335s but wasn't a fan of the pickups, this one was a much better option for me.

My man. I've been getting into jazz lately and looking forward to getting an electric guitar myself!