Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Accord

I love making custom curves *PIC*

It doesn't work on composite blades unfortunately, you'll just end up damaging the blade, but it works GREAT on wooden blades.

Just go to your LHS, buy some cheap $3.99 wooden blade on closeout in the bargain bin, doesn't matter what the pattern is, then bring it home and make your own curve and pattern :D.

is that curve even legal?

Probably not, but I only play in a beer league so no one will care. I'm not even sure if i'll be able to take shots with this thing though :lol:.

Any websites where you can get cheap wood blades? Someone said 99 cents? I don't live anywhere near where I can get blades at that price.

Or, if someone could suggest a store in Vancouver, BC, I will be going there in March...

Thanks!

Edited by analog999

you can get grab bag pro stock Nike and bauer blades at HG for 5.99 ..

i got some to see if i can finally get used to a heel wedge..figure that's what they will ship...of course..it..along with the G10 shaft that just arrived have found their way into the woman's pile of gear...and she wonders why i keep my sticks in the car... :D

my custom Z Carbon made that look like a stright blade. I <3d that blade. It was a Sakic Z carbon, then I heated it up and gave it a nasty toe.

Was it a new z-carbon? and how well did it hold up? most people say you can't curve a graphite blade...

my custom Z Carbon made that look like a stright blade.  I <3d that blade.  It was a Sakic Z carbon, then I heated it up and gave it a nasty toe.

Was it a new z-carbon? and how well did it hold up? most people say you can't curve a graphite blade...

you mean how long did it take the coach to break it against the wall? :lol:

i dont mean to hijack the thread but i decided to take a pic of my custom curve...well just how i shape mine. i basically stand on the toe and move the shaft til i get this... the custom curve was from the t-flex blades from cyclone taylor that are like .99 cents.

img18078ik.th.jpg

I have a blade that is pretty much identical to that. How do you like that curve?

It looks like you have the blade in the curver incorrectly. The toe of the blade is supposed to go on the angle adjustable side of the device so you can make the curve open or closed depending on what is desired.

I played for at least 2 or 3 weeks with it, and then my coach saw it, and he said that it was illegal. I told him that our lauge didnt have a rule, then he proceded to step on it, and hit it agaisnt a wall until it broke.

did u make him get u a new one>?

i would of been soo pissed

It was actualy a used Z carbon, I was just bored in my basement, took out the heat gun, and bent it with my hands. You will weaken any blade (wood or composite) by overheating it. I probably wouldn't recomend heating up a blade that you don't want to lose. But the blade held up for at least 3 weeks, it might have even been longer. At the time I was playing 6 times a week between club and high school. I had the SICKEST toe drag with that thing.

Can you actually change the lie of a blade by heating it? I've never tried it, and if somebody has, did it work?

it would cause a bunch of stuff in the blade to bunch up and crap. So... you CAN, but it would be a mess.