Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alostsok

7500 v. Code Red

Which Tour skates does the 7500 compare to better, the E2 or the Code Red? I don't have any stores around me which carry Tours (or Mission, really)

I know fans of Tour will say Code Red and fans of Mission will say E2, but any opinions are welcome

I honestly think the 9500's compare to the Code 1's, and the 7500's to the E2. Yeah, I'm a fan of the Missions, but so what?

I've personally held every 06 tour skate, and I remember the Code Red's being a good skate. They weren't like the Code 1's or E2's, but for the money they're good. Do you just not like Mission?

No, actually, I've always worn Missions, as much anguish as they've caused me :) ...

First the chassis always got bent , then my Wicked Lights lasted me a year. (they were still worth it)

Then I switched to the Tour 962's, cuz they were gettin pretty cheap around that time, and went through two pairs of those. The second is ready to bow out, and I've been trying to avoid dropping $300 on a pair of skates...

So in the process I've bought a used pair of D1C's (which I don't like), and a pair of Nike Roller Daddy's on clearance that ended up being too big.. Put those two together, I should have just spent the $300...

So now, I'm thinkin of cutting my losses, trying to seel both those, and invest into a pair of nice new skates... I tried a pair of Mission 7500 on, and they seemed to fit my foot perfectly.

(There is always the option of picking up a pair of CCM 1152's at my LHS for $150, and sticking a chassis on them, but I've always fet hesitant to mess around with the boot-chassis set up for some reason)

I tried a pair of Mission 7500 on, and they seemed to fit my foot perfectly.

That right there tells me you should get the Missions. Justin had reported for months that this years models were supposed to be the best in a long time and resolve issues from prior line-ups, and many many people have commented on how right that assessment is. I am one of those people that wishes I could make Mission work for me, it would've saved me alot of money on purchasing new skates, but Mission skates just aren't my fit. If the 7500's feel that good, I'd say run with it.

I can't comment on this years Tour line, but my 9500s are built incredibly well. I was considering the Red Max last year, but heard it wasn't up to par with some of the upper models. The 7500 is supposed to be an excellent skate with alot of top of the line features. It seems like a can't miss skate, where the Tour is an unknown. If the Mission fits your foot well, I can't see a reason why not to go with it.

i personally think the tour and mission skates this year are totally different. The e2s are supposed to be stiffer then the codes. I personally have the 9500s and i can tell the difference in stiffness right away from the d1cs. once i put on the 9500s i realized these skates werent just stiff from the beginning they were built to last. I cant say that about the tours because i dont know because ive never worn them.. My friend just had a brand new pair of 7500s at his house and they are still very stick and i couldnt tell that much of a difference between my 9500s and the 7500s but i did feel a little difference. you cant go wrong with the 7500s.. swiss bearings a good chassi and good boot.. im a mission supporter and people are tour supporters.. so the best is to listen to both feed back and most of all which fits better

Tour has always been pretty good about putting out a solid product, and I can't say enough good things about my Beemers since they are the fit for me. Mission seems to be back to quality skates, so take whichever fits better and go with it. I've tried pretty much every brand over the last 3-4 yrs and have found that the best skates are the ones that will fit you perfectly, not just a brand name. I couldn't wear Tours a couple yrs back with their Aquafit line-up, so I went with what fit and played better because of properly fitting equipment. I'd hate to see others go through what I have done to myself with new skates every few months because I didn't just take a bit of time to see what actually fits well and go with it.

Just for reference of me being an expert on wasting money, I've owned in the last four-five yrs:

1 pr Mission RMX

1 pr Nexed Core

2 pr Nexed Stinger

1 pr Mission D-2 (old black lightning ones)

1 pr Mission D-3

1 pr CCM Outcast

1 pr Tour Fishbones

1 pr Tour 902

1 pr Mission HE750

1 pr CCM PF10

1 pr CCM PF6

1 pr CCM PF4

1 pr Easton Air w/ Gear Chassis

1 pr Tour Beemer

The only ones I was truly satisfied with were the Stingers and the Beemers, because they fit the best and helped me the most. The PF10's were good, but cut up my ankle and caused issues that have helped keep me off of skates for the last 6 months or so. Bauer has never fit me right, otherwise there'd be a few more up there I'm sure. I can say without a doubt that if those Missions fit you well, just run with them

I have to agree with JSchultz. The Code1s and 9500s are close. I've owned both pairs, and figure them to be pretty equal. In feeling the E2s and the 7500s, I'd say they are close too. Perhaps the E2s have the slight advantage in stiffness, and the wheels are mini cores but the 7500s are standard.

Personally, I bought a pair of the Code E2's and they are just as stiff as the Code 1's, maybe a bit heavier, but not by much. I used them for 4 games and already love them. I would however, suggest getting a wheel other than the Genesis, not good for people who like to stop on a dime.

Can someone talk me out of getting a pair of CCM 1152's and just putting air of chssis on them...? What's bad about doing this?

It all depends on how skilled the person mounting the chassis is. Unless they're very very good, I would avoid it as it can be mounted crooked, tear up the boot prematurely if not done right costing you more money and may not perform the way you expect. If there is someone very good in your area, and it's the best way to go for you just be patient as some shops take forever to get it done, but will do it sloppily if rushed.

What did you think to be the differences in the boots?

9500s are stiffer than Code 1s and E2s, hands down. But the Code 1s are lighter than the 9500s. So you take that with a grain of salt I guess. It's a tradeoff. I felt the 9500s to be of better overall quality and construction. The 1s are paper thin, and don't give me the idea that they will hold up over time as well as the 9500s might.

The E2s are stiffer than the 1s, have a more tough-made quality to them than the 1s.

I guess if I had to rank the 3 boots in terms of weight and construction, it would look something like this:

Weight: 1s, 2s and 9500s almost the same(maybe 2s slightly lighter).

Construction (well made feeling, durability factor): 9500s by far, 2s, 1s

Not to keep beating a dead horse here, but what is the difference in performance of the 5500 v. the 7500? Are they quite a bit less stiff? Because Abec 9's and Hornet seems like a great deal :)

Not to keep beating a dead horse here, but what is the difference in performance of the 5500 v. the 7500? Are they quite a bit less stiff? Because Abec 9's and Hornet seems like a great deal :)

The 7500's have alot of little improvements over the 5500, but both are solid skates. It's really a case of do you have the fifty dollars extra to spend. the whole line is really stiff this year, down to the 1500s

9500s vs the 7500s.. the 9500s are a bit stiffer. The wheels are "better" on the 9500s.. the 9500s also have mini bearings. Im sure the chassi is better made on the 9500s.. its the little things that make the 9500s better than the 7500s.. but i can tell u the stiffness is amazing.. if they werent as stiff as they were i would have broken my foot 6 times from blocking shots at that aau tournament this weekend

No, actually, I've always worn Missions, as much anguish as they've caused me :) ...

First the chassis always got bent , then my Wicked Lights lasted me a year. (they were still worth it)

Then I switched to the Tour 962's, cuz they were gettin pretty cheap around that time, and went through two pairs of those. The second is ready to bow out, and I've been trying to avoid dropping $300 on a pair of skates...

So in the process I've bought a used pair of D1C's (which I don't like), and a pair of Nike Roller Daddy's on clearance that ended up being too big.. Put those two together, I should have just spent the $300...

So now, I'm thinkin of cutting my losses, trying to seel both those, and invest into a pair of nice new skates... I tried a pair of Mission 7500 on, and they seemed to fit my foot perfectly.

(There is always the option of picking up a pair of CCM 1152's at my LHS for $150, and sticking a chassis on them, but I've always fet hesitant to mess around with the boot-chassis set up for some reason)

2 things, what size are your nikes (if you havent sold them yet), and i happen to have a pair of used once 7500s (i just dont like the insane stiffness) that i could sell to you if they are the right size

PM me back

why not look into the CCM line... i have the PF10 and they are the best skates i've ever had. plus they are cheap now when you compare it to other top of the line skates.

Well, the PF10's seems to still be around $400, and I can't even say I'm impressed with the boot builld quality. Doesn't mean the skate is not good, I guess if I went with CCM, I'd take a Tack boot and find a shop that can do a good job attaching a chassis to it..