Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

^Right on, man. I'm sure they're awesome for other people but they KILL my arches for some reason. I've been reading up about Superfeet and other stuff on this forum and it's really giving me some ideas. I think I'll just sell these, grab some new Boss and go from there. :shrug:

They are purdy though. Haha. I just skate on old Quest 1s now.

Just got these back today, I'll skate them tomorrow. I'm waiting on a new set of Hornets so these wheels will do for tomorrow.

Koho Revolution 2250

CCM Tri-Di Chassis

Abec 7 Bearings

Hyper Trinity / Labeda Gripper

KOHO008.jpg

Edited by Houls

Those Labeda Grippers look like Gouda cheese wheels.. without the wax.

Sorry.

True.........The Trinity's are brand new. The Grippers have been in my bag for awhile (76mm backups in case disaster strikes!). They'll only be on there for tomorrow. I'll repost the skates when I put the Black/Silver Hornets on them. They should look pretty sick.

I know its not a conversion but these are my new bad dogs that I picked up at the local PIAS for only $19.99!! :o

IMG_1592.jpg

IMG_1593.jpg

IMG_1591.jpg

The manager of the rink is making me take the break off(asshole!!) but I think I will be able to adjust. Sometime I miss my puck kicks but the performance is just amazing!!

you're not serious, are you?

if you are, i hate you.

if you arent, why did you bother to spend 20 bucks on these?

So the boots on my Code 1's are starting to get a little torn up and we are coming into the winter and a potential time of boredom. I have a pair of Vector 8.0's laying around and would love to throw a Labeda Hum'er Cateye chassis on there. I know that I will need to shave the forefoot area to allow the 80mm wheels to recess into the footbed, but my question is will I need to install spacers in the heel to give my skate the same stance as I currently have on my Code 1's?? Anyone have any insight??

No, the point of dremeling the boot is to give you the same height and stance as your codes.

I understand the dremmeling issue to accomodate the taller wheels in the midfoot area. But will I need spacers in the heel to give me the same pitch as I have with the Code 1's??

I know its not a conversion but these are my new bad dogs that I picked up at the local PIAS for only $19.99!! :o

IMG_1592.jpg

IMG_1593.jpg

IMG_1591.jpg

The manager of the rink is making me take the break off(asshole!!) but I think I will be able to adjust. Sometime I miss my puck kicks but the performance is just amazing!!

you're not serious, are you?

if you are, i hate you.

if you arent, why did you bother to spend 20 bucks on these?

yes.

don't hate.

best purchase ever.

Oh sorry, I thought you meant it height wise. Mount them first, then if you find the pitch isnt correct, add a spacer later. You can always add a spacer.

Being in the hockey deprived area of Asheville.....do you know of an online site that I could pick up a spacer from?

These aren't anything too fancy or special but I like them. Custom CCM 655, 552 and 652 Tacks and CCM 4.5 Edge skates.

833idmh.jpg

6lwfmvc.jpg

Rick Henry

Edited by Rick

Thanks, The Sprungs were mounted on those skate boots first and then I took them off and mounted them on Easton Z-Air's for a little while. I like the Eastons but they were brand new and very stiff and for me it was hard to skate in them with the Sprungs so I took them off and mounted them back on the Tacks. Who knows I may change them again. The 552 Super Tacks were my ice hockey skates for a couple of years and then I switched them to the Sherwood E-Frames and the 655 Super Tacks are almost in new condition. I bought the 4.5 Edge skates for $49.00 dollars at Hockey World and put the Red Star chassis on them because at the time I thought I was going to be playing a lot of blacktop hockey and I thought that the Edge boot looked like it could take the punishment.

Rick Henry

Edited by Rick

Still no converted Kor shift 2's?... damm I'm gonna end up doing them just because nobody else bothered... lol.

Been dying to do this myself but still don't know if this can be done. Good luck to you. Pics when you're done!