Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

kovalchuck youll be fine with the mount, now that i dont work in the shop anymore i can admit this, but i have eyeballed every single mount i have ever done and not one complaint. that small of a difference will not be noticable to anyone but pro players.

liroadrunners id suggest the bones super swiss 6 ball, they are 80 bucks and the best bearing i have ever used, they never want to stop spinning, check inlinewarehouse.com to get them.

liroadrunners id suggest the bones super swiss 6 ball, they are 80 bucks and the best bearing i have ever used, they never want to stop spinning, check inlinewarehouse.com to get them.

kinda expensive but i might give them a try. are the bones reds any good?

Edited by liroadrunners

kinda expensive but i might give them a try. are the bones reds any good?

my uncle uses those bearing and he said there worth the extra cash.

TERRIBLE bearings. They dont even break in, and stop spinning after a month or 2 of usage. They "gum" up. They are not cleanable either.

And now....Drum Roll please....

DSC_0660.jpg

DSC_0663.jpg

love the skates, but the mount seems a bit forward. It looks about 1/4". Think I Will be ok?

Those are sick. Did you not go with hummers because you couldn’t dremel them or didnt want to try? Also the mount looks fine.

Thanks. They are mindblowingly responsive. Even more responsive than the 1500c I had. I just have to get over the stiffness. They are stiff, which I like, but they are ROCK stiff.

I have a question for anyone on this thread, when you are mounting the frame on the boot, what consideration is given to the amount of wheel (front&back) thats sticks out? I know boot size and chassis size will come into play, but before I start drilling I thought I would ask.

I have a question for anyone on this thread, when you are mounting the frame on the boot, what consideration is given to the amount of wheel (front&back) thats sticks out? I know boot size and chassis size will come into play, but before I start drilling I thought I would ask.

Most people mount the frame to be centered. Some people that are more accustomed to a specific pitch from ice hockey may mount the frame slightly forward or back depending on preference.

i hope your not mounting your own skates, and if you do i hope you know what your doing. front and back is not the only issue when mounting, you have to check wheel clearance from the outsole, you have to check left and right, and you have to detirmine how much hang over on each end you want.

One the topic of mounting frames....

Does mission have a mounting-instruction for the vanguard frame, ala. the one Sprung has?

I found Sprungs mounting instruction to be exellent, and currently have a pair of vanguards laying around.

no the mission frames do not come with mounting instructions, i believe sprungs come with instructions becasue they are different then the average frame and they want everyone to be aware that they have to be set a touch differenetly.

:)

i hope your not mounting your own skates, and if you do i hope you know what your doing. front and back is not the only issue when mounting, you have to check wheel clearance from the outsole, you have to check left and right, and you have to detirmine how much hang over on each end you want.

Yeah thats why I asked the question, I was hoping that there was a specific way to mount a chassis but I have not come across any instructions on how to do it. Are there any?

Unless you really know what you're doing (and you have all of the specific tools for riveting a chassis), I'd avoid the "do it yourself" route. If you're a first-timer mounting a frame to a boot, then there's a pretty good chance that you'll mis-align your skate and screw your boot up in the process.

Just take the setup to your LHS and have them do the whole thing for you.

I've keeping my eye on the Magnesium Vanguard for a while to put on my Tour cobalt boots. Money issues are making me lean towards the aluminum vanguard now. Not that it's really that important having a super light skate since our legs are pretty strong, but will the aluminum vanguard make the skate noticeably heavier? I know the humm'r is aluminum also, but I can't figure out why it costs twice as much as the vanguard.

I've keeping my eye on the Magnesium Vanguard for a while to put on my Tour cobalt boots. Money issues are making me lean towards the aluminum vanguard now. Not that it's really that important having a super light skate since our legs are pretty strong, but will the aluminum vanguard make the skate noticeably heavier? I know the humm'r is aluminum also, but I can't figure out why it costs twice as much as the vanguard.

I've tried both the alu and MG chassis, and it really doesnt make a difference. At the end of the shift, I'm still out of breath and flopping onto the bench.

The weight difference is minute, its mainly the dent resistance of the MG over the alu. That being said, MG is more prone to brittle fracture compared to the more ductile alu... lay man terms, MG stiff, alu not as stiff.