Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

here is ANOTHER :blink: conversion by oldtimer. It's a reebok 11k and bauer 100le

Any chance you have some better pics of the 11k/hummer9000? I always thought that'd be an awesome setup.

Any chance you have some better pics of the 11k/hummer9000? I always thought that'd be an awesome setup.

If anyone needs a pair of MG frames, I have a pair for sale in the "for sale" section. Size small.

vapors.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's my Vapor boots with some Hum'er chassis' that I took off some old Tour skates. Put some Asphalt wheels on them so I could take the dog for a run. Feel pretty nice, can't wait to play on them Wednesday. Picture's a little out of focus, sorry it's a camera phone pic.

Did you order those One100 boot only or the whole skate and then took them apart? Is it possible to order boot only? If so how?

Thanks, Chip

You can see the holes from the holder.

Edited by kerr

First DIY conversion.

RBK Tri-Di Lite on Mission Fuel 120AG.

73833_663553317157_48609857_36212725_155368_n.jpg

wow short wheel base. you can get some awesome deals on fuel ice skates. i've thought about converting some.

Edited by wetwilly17

wow short wheel base. you can get some awesome deals on fuel ice skates. i've thought about converting some.

I was thinking the same thing. Looks even, good work, but might feel off at first. Lean too far forward or back and you're off kilter.

Edited by #96

I was thinking the same thing. Looks even, good work, but might feel off at first. Lean too far forward or back and you're off kilter.

Sz. 10 boot with a chassis off a Sz. 10 RBK.

I knew it'd be pushing the cusp of sizing... that 10-10.5 range seems to be the switchover area... and I looked at this thread for reference, there are probably 3-4 conversions that have similar wheel clearance... I think what makes it stand out here is that the front wheel is a 72... the tri-di can play tricks on the eyes.

But yeah, we'll see... I probably won't even be skating them, rather, my brother...

I'm gonna give them a run tomorrow with asphalt wheels.

Edited by LoXish

What is the sizing of the Fuel line? Is it around the same as the Syndicate line or does it fit like the old Mission skates being true to shoe size?

What is the sizing of the Fuel line? Is it around the same as the Syndicate line or does it fit like the old Mission skates being true to shoe size?

not sure but i've heard they have the typical mission high arch and the ag have different fit than the xp (not just difference in ankle mobility)

Quick question - is it possible to convert a roller boot to an ice skate? Purely just for looks, would these perform okay or are the roller boots made with materials which would not be suitable to last in the wet, sharp environment of ice?

Actually, roller boots are supposed to be more solid than ice boots, mainly due to the abrasive nature of the ground you would be playing on. Dont think there would be a problem for you to do the inline to ice conversion, but like what some guys have said the alignment of the holders are more important than an inline chassis.

I've seen some mission soldier boots on ice holders...

Quick question - is it possible to convert a roller boot to an ice skate? Purely just for looks, would these perform okay or are the roller boots made with materials which would not be suitable to last in the wet, sharp environment of ice?

it will work fine. but, realize that on ice the boots will be stressed more since you can cut so much harder. so you may want to make sure the inline skates are stiff enough for you. also, many inline skates have vents in the toe caps. you might find your toes numb at the colder rinks.

LoXish, did you have to add any shims or do any dremmeling to get those tri-di to fit? I have a set of tri-di mags that I'm considering using for a conversion, but I'm kind of balking at how well they'll fit. Obviously every skate is going to be a little different, but I just wondered how you did it.

**edit - fixed addressee in my question.

Edited by start_today