Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

just finished these bad boys, (advantages of working nights at an engineering shop) contain a designed in +11mm 7 deg heel rise to suit an ice boot

which of my skates should meet mr bosch powerdrill

a) existing inline converted vapor xxxx

b) rbk 11k

c) bauer x60

d) ccm u+12

dscf0800c.jpg

Edited by vince57
  • Like 1

just finished these bad boys, (advantages of working nights at an engineering shop) contain a designed in +11mm 7 deg heel rise to suit an ice boot

which of my skates should meet mr bosch powerdrill

a) existing inline converted vapor xxxx

b) rbk 11k

c) bauer x60

d) ccm u+12

dscf0800c.jpg

nice work!

Thats cool! Id go for the 11k personally.

Hook that up with some better wheels and youre in business!!

no way...after all these years, grippers still rule

went with the grippers as a known good value quantity, a pair of what you see in the pic set me back a whole $90 and $70 was the wheels here in the uk.

was thinking the 11k as they got plenty of the black white thing going on

Finally got my spare ice boots converted to roller. I feel like Bambi on ice all over again.

Skate: Bauer One80

Chassis: Mission Vangard Aluminum

Bearings: Bones Super Reds

Wheels: Red Star Rocket-dt (84A) (Cheap)

8039_10150965359641481_2044729021_n.jpg

guys, i have a question. Which one is better for conversion, flexlite 4.0 or one95 (durability and stiffness)? im going to use the chassis from my CA7.

Completely agree with Kyle, the One95 is the better high-end boot... But comfort is key. The Flexlite line were designed to be the "comfort" line, using multiple layers of foam in the quarter panels to give you that feels good right out of the box. That being said, they will probably break down in time quicker as well. So there is always that trade off. Durability comes down how often you play and how agressive you play, etc. So weighing that into the equation as well... whatever skate fits you best is where you should go.

So I beat the crap out of my 705 in 8 months of play, so I went back to Bauer (and not leaving them ever again). Custom NXG skates converted....Addictions are going on them next week, I just haven't made it back to the shop to pick them up. Sorry for the crappy picture.

nxgn.jpg

Edited by kovalchuk71
  • Like 1

So I beat the crap out of my 705 in 8 months of play, so I went back to Bauer (and not leaving them ever again). Custom NXG skates converted....Addictions are going on them next week, I just haven't made it back to the shop to pick them up. Sorry for the crappy picture.

nxgn.jpg

that is one fine looking skate, even without the addicitons. wow. I'm reallllllly starting to regret not getting magnesium chassis vs my vanguards on my X60s.

nxgn.jpg

these skates are nice, very nice realy but If it is possible to remove the markings "Mission" on the chassis, I think that the conversasions as this one would be even more made a success. I removed "Mission markings"on my conversion (daoust 501, mission Vanguard Aluminium chromated) with a special wipe, towel? (diverted from its nominal use, the soaked wipe is used to remove Wall graffitti (tags, grafs)). The brand of these wipes in an european brand, i don't think that is this brand is not distributed in North-america(SABESTO brand or Wurth).

On certain supports, that works very well but not on all, regrettably.

I renew my excuses for my English without sharpness(delicacy), I express myself only very simply in English, I would like to make more sharpness(delicacy) of judgment(sentence) but my vocabulary is really very limited...

Vlad.

Edited by hoguie64

these skates are nice, very nice realy but If it is possible to remove the markings "Mission" on the chassis, I think that the conversasions as this one would be even more made a success. I removed "Mission markings"on my conversion (daoust 501, mission Vanguard Aluminium chromated) with a special wipe, towel? (diverted from its nominal use, the soaked wipe is used to remove Wall graffitti (tags, grafs)). The brand of these wipes in an european brand, i don't think that is this brand is not distributed in North-america(SABESTO brand or Wurth).

On certain supports, that works very well but not on all, regrettably.

I renew my excuses for my English without sharpness(delicacy), I express myself only very simply in English, I would like to make more sharpness(delicacy) of judgment(sentence) but my vocabulary is really very limited...

Vlad.

011.jpg

010-1.jpg

My 11ks kicked it after just a few months with the entire sole of the boot coming detached. Went to my work, HockeyMonkey and picked out some new boots.

Wanted to go with Bauer for the support but even the vapors have too much volume for my foot. Frankly, i got weird feet.

Settled on G35s and was able to mount them that evening before my game. Maybe a mistake, my feet were crying the entire game.

Anyways, heres the new setup:

Graf G35 X

Mission Vanguard

Mission Swiss

Splits x6

Addictions x2

Was a little worried about the inside #3 rivet being mounted on the "fabric hole" (even before reading previous posts) so i threw a shim made out of riser plastic in there to give it some support.

dont mind the goal skates, although those will be converted to roller soon enough...

DSC_1741.jpg

Edited by HBPuckstopper

awesome! g35 have more volume than vapors though right? vapors are a little small volume wise for me and when i tried on g35 narrow, they had too much.

Edited by wetwilly17