Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

A G3 and a G35 is the same fit with the G3 being low volume and a 35 being mid volume. I have really narrow, flat feet with medium depth so i tend to crease and mangle any boot with too much volume or width. Thats what ended up happening to my 11ks. G35s and vapors are a pretty similar fit and depth, but with my flat feet, it seemed much worse in the vapors.

A G3 and a G35 is the same fit with the G3 being low volume and a 35 being mid volume. I have really narrow, flat feet with medium depth so i tend to crease and mangle any boot with too much volume or width. Thats what ended up happening to my 11ks. G35s and vapors are a pretty similar fit and depth, but with my flat feet, it seemed much worse in the vapors.

i also found that the g35 have more forefoot width compared to g3

i also found that the g35 have more forefoot width compared to g3

Definitely, g3 felt narrow all the way while g35 has more of a V shape/fit.

Can anyone hook me up with a mount job? Or point me to a place that will do one I i mail my skates to them? I have a pair of Easton Z-Air boots I want to mount a mission vanguard on. Thanks!

The shop near me does good work, I can get you a price, ill be there tomorrow evening. PM me and ill get you their info. You can ship to me and I can take them there for you if they don't wanna deal with the hassle of shipping.

I'm in San Jose, CA. Haha like the furthest possible place from Florida.

The shop here is in Rollin Ice, the top roller facility in the US. If the guy that did my skates is still in charge of the conversions you'll be very pleased with the work. Its a great shop, with a speedy turnaround time.

Definitely the furthest haha! It's all good though. I'll take your word that they're legit. If it works out, i'll give you a finders fee too. Thanks bro!

Please post pix when you get them.

Hey guys,

Long time reader and first time poster. Just wanted to share some of my conversions with you.

Bauer Supreme One95 // Mission Vanguard Chassis // RR Splits // Bevo ABEC 9's

IMG_20121012_091418.jpg

Bauer Supreme One 70 // Mission Vanguard Chasis // Labeda Millenniums // Bevo ABEC 9 Bearings

IMG_20121012_091510.jpg

The one95's are pro stock and came extra stiff with a double thick tongue. I switched it out for an after market and cleaned them up a bit.

I've mounted Easton s12's and grafs in the past but always end up going back to the supreme line.

Edited by Trumanperro
  • Like 1

my indoors for now - working on my s15's next weekend

ccm vector v10s

mission vanguard chassis now with revision variant wheels

516976D3-4C14-4A98-A1AE-87CD22C92F06-21125-00001595A7EFEA46.jpg my outdoor

reebok 5k pumps

chassis off my old bauers with pro 250 wheels

08D03741-EECB-4828-A594-2D3F1B950F2E-21125-00001595B49788BC.jpg

These are my 13 ish year old Bauer supreme 4000's, Used them on ice for years then converted to roller. They've been like this for 7-8 years....served me well over the years :smile: I really don't like the chassis, I've always had the shock locked, but the rubber spacers are starting to ware and my rear wheel does have some side play, which is starting to affect skating

I'm finally retiring them next week from indoors....ordered Bauer xr4's

Funny thing is, I bought the xr4's last week and didn't realize that some of the threading on the boot where it meets the toe cap was coming out and loose, I returned them and waiting for a new pair ...pretty weak, these killers don't have one thread frayed and have been beaten to death.

By the way, the pink laces are from when our team was 'the pink panthers' a few years back

121020Bauerskates4.jpg

121020Bauerskates1.jpg

121020Bauerskates2.jpg

121020Bauerskates3.jpg

Edited by t0nnn

Hey matt12, I think it would be in your best interest to stick with Bauer, they are really the only "Hockey Only" company out there that invests millions of dollars into strickly hockey equipment R&D. There is no surprise why they are at the head of the pack as far as skates goes! Especially, if you are happy with their fit, go with what works!

Regarding doing a conversion... lots of good options, however, the top Roller skate models, have some nice features that can only be found on skates made specifically for Roller. Here are a few examples... most Roller skates have extra bumpers on the sides of the skate just behind the toe-box, this is an especially high wear area for Roller... ice skates don't have those. Ventilation, just look at what lengths Mission has gone to ventilate their Roller skates, you won't find anything like that on ice-skates.

In addition the outsole on the Bauers is by far the strongest. Currently i have G35s mounted, but people have had issues in the past with Grafs falling apart. Since nearly all Bauer skates are ultra stiff, they hold up longer than most skates would.

BEWARE! I recently converted supreme80s to inline....the outsole is extremely thin in the center, and i can feel the chasis flex into the bottom of my foot while skating. I will be converting them back to ice shortly....the outsole is thick on the perimeter where the skate chasis connects.

Bummer!

If you are interested in using a set of Sprung's for the conversion, they have a wide foot-print, much like the ones on ice skates and would sit up against the outer edge of the outsoul on your Supreme80's, where they are thicker and stronger.

thank you for the reply...my gosh i have posted my results on so many boards with zero feedback.

I like the fit of the boot of my supreme80's, and would absolutely consider a new chasis if they are mounted to the outside...got any pics? I would be worried about the extra drill holes too, but if they are indeed on the outside it may work....any extra info would be greatly appreciated...I have spent so much money on past skates and this current conversion...in fact i am using an old pair of mission proto vi's with tape around the ankle of my left boot where the boot is torn.

Desperate here, I am.

please respond!

Check the Sprung Hockey website for photos and such. Also look on YouTube, there is a fairly detailed video of someone doing an inline conversion to Sprung's about 10 mins long.

Edited by henryb

New skates, only some detail work at the screws needs to be done.

Switched from my TotalOne with hummer to these rockers! Love the new NXG 9.0, worse every cent!

u6z9nha2lsyx.jpg

Thinking about getting a pair of EQ50's to convert to roller. Anyone know how they fit.

Also im anybody know a place in Long Island that does good conversion

Thinking about getting a pair of EQ50's to convert to roller. Anyone know how they fit.

Also im anybody know a place in Long Island that does good conversion

PM'd you about a conversion on LI.