Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

^those look awesome. I'm wondering if the supreme line of boots wouldn't work better for my foot. From the sounds of it they would but that doesn't mean the heel pocket is much better.

I ordered myself a bunga pad for my right foot to see if it helps. If it doesn't do much good I think I will be selling these skates as trying again with something different.

Just scored a pair of Supreme One.8 off eBay for real cheap. They have some cosmetic wear but for the price I won't complain at all. I'm hoping these will be better for my foot than the Vapors I have now. I will eventually buy some skates brand new once I find what works for me but for now I'm happy paying 20% of the original cost to try some new skates out. I'm hoping to pull off this conversion a little more quickly than the last and going to try and mount the chassis so I'm a little more over my toes than the last pair.

Edited by sjs0433

Just finished these tonight. These will be replacing the Vapors I previously picked up. Vapor boot just didn't work for my foot. I'm really hoping these will. I opted to mount the boot a little more over the toes this time as that was something that felt off about the Vapor setup I made.

Bauer Supreme One80 that I scored off eBay for under $75. They show obvious cosmetic wear but other than that in pretty good shape. If these work out well I plan to but a brand new pair in the near future to convert again. If these don't work out I think I just can't wear Bauer boots. So far just tossing them on my feet they feel better than the Vapor boot and just looking at the heel area it shows a little more room which is what I really need. I'll be trying them out Wednesday night.

zma9.jpg

bfd4e7782a8311e3bef022000a1f9245_7.jpg

Hey There, First post here, had these for a few months now. A friend at a local shop did this conversion for me.

Bauer One95's

Mission Mag Frames

Swiss Bearings

Superfeet (Yellow) Insoles

Labeda Grippers 76 / 80

hey guys I'm planning on doing a conversion soon, but instead of using rivets, I'll use t-nuts.

The idea behind it is to use the same holes (screws and t-nuts) for both the inline chassis and the ice holders, does any of you know how I could achieve that goal?

I have not heard of a chassis with the same drill pattern as holders, in general a holder is mounted more towards the outside of the outsole. So you would need two sets of holes , that would most likely overlap which is a problem if you put T-nuts in as they are rather large (they have to be). My advise: get two pairs of skates, clearance or used if budget is tight.

You could sometimes get close in the rear and possibly reuse one hole. I've done two conversions and in both cases had to drill all new holes. I haven't had any issues so far

I have not heard of a chassis with the same drill pattern as holders, in general a holder is mounted more towards the outside of the outsole. So you would need two sets of holes , that would most likely overlap which is a problem if you put T-nuts in as they are rather large (they have to be). My advise: get two pairs of skates, clearance or used if budget is tight.

yeah, I know that's a bit of a pain though, I could drill the inline chassis to a sheet of aluminium and drill holes at the same location as the ice holders are, quite a bit of weight added though :S

On both pairs of skates I've done all of the holes up front have been redrilled as they line up completely differently. Out back several of the holes are close and I want to say one of them on the inside of the foot actually overlapped the existing hole. In this case I basically just made an oval hole. Not completely ideal but I haven't had any issues yet. One of these days soon I plan to fill the old holes with epoxy. For now they are just open. I check them out before every game and so far no issues with anything coming loose.

I've tried on quite a few pairs of skates and can't find a currently available roller boot that's as comfortable for my foot as the Supremes and that's using a used pair of skates from someone else's foot. I can't wait to see how they do when I buy a brand new pair.

Those look fantastic. I can only imagine how light that boot would be with one of the new magnesium frames.

10961480114_5771c215de_c.jpg

My One95's weren't cutting it and were wrecking my feet after skating.

Picked up a TotalOne NXG Boot and had the frames put on. Thanks to Skaters Network in Sydney.

Edited by Tyler Roy

Just a question to people who people who have converted: What are the benefits of converting? Is a more of a cost thing, or is there a big performance advantage? Or is a just a preference thing? Ex. You like the fit of your ice skates vs any of the inline offerings.

I got a good deal on axioms earlier this year, so I bought those and they're ok I guess, but I really like the fit of my vapor ice skates compared to the axioms. The axioms imo fit like the nexus line of skates.

I have been considering selling my roller skates to get ones that fit like my vapors. (How much do used roller blades go for? )

If that's what I'm going for, what would be a better option:

Getting the new Bauer vapor x70r or x90r roller blades, or

Get either x70 or 5.0 skates and converting them? Maybe those are bad examples (not equal quality skates), but you get the idea.

I also already have a chassis and wheels, if selling just the axiom boot is viable - but I'm not sure if people would be interested in buying just a boot. Maybe I'm better off selling it together.

Just a question to people who people who have converted: What are the benefits of converting? Is a more of a cost thing, or is there a big performance advantage? Or is a just a preference thing? Ex. You like the fit of your ice skates vs any of the inline offerings.

Well part of it can be the fit. I believe the real reason for it is an ice boot generally is constructed better. Lighter and stiffer. Plus you pick your components.

20130909_154412.jpg

Parts finally arrived now its just getting over worrying about wrecking them before i start.

You are a more brave individual than myself.

Has anybody on here every put ice boots onto a quad roller hockey chassis. I have a friend who tried but ran into trouble with the newer style ice boots and it wouldn't work.

I got a good deal on axioms earlier this year, so I bought those and they're ok I guess, but I really like the fit of my vapor ice skates compared to the axioms. The axioms imo fit like the nexus line of skates.

I have been considering selling my roller skates to get ones that fit like my vapors. (How much do used roller blades go for? )

Get either x70 or 5.0 skates and converting them? Maybe those are bad examples (not equal quality skates), but you get the idea.

I also already have a chassis and wheels, if selling just the axiom boot is viable - but I'm not sure if people would be interested in buying just a boot. Maybe I'm better off selling it together.

Personally, I have converted ice skates in the past for a few reasons. I was not happy with the current offerings due to fit or due to poor construction. I think the poor construction has been addressed well in recent times.

If I'm not correct, your Axioms were made by Mission post being bought by Mission and therefore, were built on the Supreme last. If this is the case and your foot fits the Bauer Vapor line, then you may benefit from either converting an Vapor ice boot or buying the Vapor inline series. Personally, I prefer the all 80mm wheel chassis setup, and therefore have converted ice skates in the past as at that time there were far less all 80mm chassis/skates available. If you prefer HiLo chassis, then I would think you would be good to go with the X70r or X90r's. It would save you the hassle of converting and likely be more cost effective.

As for your resale of inline boots only, I do not think you will get much for them. Good luck with your quest to find good inline skates!!! When you find them it's blissful.

Mine was mostly fit, I couldn't find anything that fit my foot like my ice skates did, When my one95's just weren't cutting it anymore I got the new boot to match the feel of my ice skates.

The 2nd part was a pretty sexxed up skate that isn't common. The Supreme boot just fits my foot right... I've tried on the Vapor boot countless times and been disappointed that it just doesn't fit my foot

Couple of guys at the ship who did mine have done several supreme boot setups. One of them also found his APX-R just didn't fit like the surpemes do so for the summer pulled his light speeds off and wacked on the inline frame.

My current NXG Conversion is puffy cloud heaven!

1002008_689867107703612_349807213_n.jpg

I should have posted a photo of these up when I first did them before they got all dusty and such. Better late than never though...

Haven't actually weighed them but needless to say they are light!

Mncnn92.jpg

Edited by Bender

You are a more brave individual than myself.

They wernt too bad to do, the super thin sole made trimming 20 tee nuts down to 4 threads a fun job and loctite a necessity,

They felt very flat on the HI LO frame so ended up putting a 4mm heel lift in and now they feel pretty much perfect.

Think im going to try this soon. Current RX60's are starting to become uncomfortable after long periods of time and inline just doesn't seem to have many options :(

Although the APX2R look good!!

It's hard not been able to try much of the gear on in Australia, do te ice and inline boots fit EXACTLY the same??