Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OTHockey96

Pro's shoulder pads

Yeah I think I'll try to find some bigger

What about jofa's, 9700?

There is some size 5's on ebay, they seem pretty popular among pros so they cant be too bad.

A yeah my right ear was lost in a tragic spading accident

By the way your missing your right ear, I'd check my hockey helmet.

what is his ear doing in your hockey helmet? :P

I would say you definitely need something to comes down further on your torso/abdomen

You measure shoulder pads by wether or not the shoulder caps are seated in the right place, not by how far down the chest they go. The shoulder pads the Golden Retreiver is wearing looks to be the right fit at the moment. Going up a size will only create an opportunity for him to get injured. If pads are too big, they move around during the course of a game, no matter how tightly they are strapped up. If the shoulder caps are not in the right spot, and he gets hit the wrong way, the potential for injury is great.

Even in a larger size pad, it will not come that much farther down the chest.

I don't think I'm going to go up a size

I'm a 41" chest

I'm going to get large V10's, they seem to have the best clavicle protection, while have front and rear coverage

And my shoulder pads now are actually perfect for front and rear coverage with my pants on

They just don't have enough shoulder protection, I never had a problem with hitting in them, just hitting the edge of the boards after a late hit

Hey all I heard Kovalchuk uses bauer vapor 6 shoulder pads, I found this picture of his equipment can anyone confirm that they are bauer vapor 6's? if you can of course cause the water mark kind of gets in the way.

Kovalchukgear.jpg

I know it shouldnt sway my decision but it does lol, but i like having the same kind of equipment as some of my favorite players :P.Im looking to buy some new shoulder pads. Im currently looking at getting a pair of nike bauer pro defenders, or bauer vapor 6's. I'm looking for a bit of a comparison and review of the two from you guys cause you guys seem pretty knowledgable here. What I'm looking for is great mobility first and foremost, I dont need a whole lot of protection cause we dont play that physically where I play, which of the pro defender or the vapor 6 would be better?. Also if anyone knows where to get a pair of bauer vapor 6's that would be great lol cause Ive had no luck finding any, im a size large too.

Yea those are vapor 6's. And you probably won't find the vapor 6's anywhere bud. They have been discontinued for a while. I have a pair of them in my garage but they are from my peewee days.

hossa_suter_fight.jpg

Hossa is wearing Vapor 10's, right?

Yeah those are vapor 10's. Its seems that vapor 10's, 6's and bauer 8000 are very popular among the NHL other then Jofa.

they said during the game the other night that chelios has been wearing the same shoulder pads his entire career. the same exact set.
That's awesome. Post pics if anyone has them. I'm picturing small black capped Coopers with major stainage.

This is a cool thread. I'm always interested to know what the NHL guys are sportin' under the jersey. I noticed a few others asking about Cheli's shouldies, too. Here they are (I bet he's still using these down in Atlanta):

gordie-howe-chris-chelios.jpg

Out of curiosity, has anyone heard of the owners and the players union have come to an official agreement banning shoulder pads with hard plastic caps? I've only been able to find information saying there was an informal agreement in place, but it still needed to be voted on by the players. If this becomes the rule, I wonder if that will lead to a lot more of the shoulder pads like the SBD line or the Easton Spairs being available to us through things like team auctions or ebay.

Ryan Malone wears Sher-Wood Traditionals with RBK 7k caps sewn on.

St. Louis rocks the old black Koho's.

Lecavalier was wearing the black Jofa's, but he might have updated.

Mattias Ohlund wears bauer SBD-II's.

Stamkos wears the Jofa's wth the wrap around caps, plastic spine piece, and no extensions on the biceps (so not the 8800, but something close). Most of the rest of the guys are wearing Jofa's or RBK's. One gy wears the big Douglas'......can't remember who.

jerseys_off_back_perron.jpg

What chest piece is this?

6ycn03.jpg

If I remember correctly, it's an uncommon mfr.. Vaughn seems to be the one that comes to mind.. but don't quote me on it. the shoulder caps are added on to conform to the new requirements.

If I remember correctly, it's an uncommon mfr.. Vaughn seems to be the one that comes to mind.. but don't quote me on it. the shoulder caps are added on to conform to the new requirements.

Hmm they almost seem like CCMs or something.

How 'bout Chara with the noting Sherwoods. I pretty much have the same set up but with the old Win-Wells and a little added flap in the back to cover my spine. Looks like he also has the collar bone area beefed up a little...

167144871_slide.jpg

167144880_slide.jpg