Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fire0nIce228

New Shades

My Oakley M Frames just broke, so now I'm lookin for some new sunglasses :( What are you guys sporting now days? Something with changable lenses would be great, cause I loved to use my yellow tinted lenses on dreary days, and they would be great for skiing which I recently started to learn how to do.

I recently got a pair of Oakley Fives 3.0 from ebay. They should be here soon. Not a bad price either.

Looks like a belt buckle on the side...

Sorry Vap, way outta my league, classinessly speaking.

I'm more of your typical, punk who works at a resteraunt serving beer and margaritas type. :)

I was thinking about pearl Oakley half jacke with jet black polarized lenses.

4370de03a2c50.png_0_0_0.jpg

or carbon fiber

436c02a8ec031.png_0_0_0.jpg

I did like the wires, and that blue tint is definatly awesome looking. I'm getting a dark tint for sun, and I need something for when its dreary and rainy outside. Right now I have a yellow amberish type, almost like the tint of skiing goggles, that I wear when its rainy. I wanna get another set of lenses in a shade like that.

Sorry for the hugeness of those pictures.

I just buy $10 shades because I go through half a dozen pair over the course of a year.

My vote goes to the silver Half Jackets if you are deciding between the two.

I have a pair of Oakley Twentys, Silver frames with Blue lenses. Very nice shades. Price wise they aren't to bad either.

I just buy $10 shades because I go through half a dozen pair over the course of a year.

quality is better than quantity

Not when you lose them or break them. Losing a pair of shades that you dropped 3 bills on hurts a little more than losing ones that cost $10. Not losing them doesn't seem to be an option for me, I've tried.

Although it isn't on your list of choices, I'm looking forward to getting a pair of Oakley Wire Taps and Mag Four (if I can find em).

Although it isn't on your list of choices, I'm looking forward to getting a pair of Oakley Wire Taps and Mag Four (if I can find em).

I'll find out if we have any.

I've got a pair of prescription s'glasses that cost me 300+ and a pair of cheap $15 ones for days that I wear contacts...which are few and far between...so I didn't mind skimping.

One thing I've learned is Chadd's right. Losing or breaking sunglasses is a foregone conclusion, so finding a good pair at a reasonable price is the goal.

Sam's Club has some sunglasses that are among the best values I've seen. The brand name is something like Field And Stream and they cost $24. They have three models, all mirrored, in either blue or amber. The lenses aren't glass, but they seemed to be a high quality laminate, while the frames are sturdy.

By the way, if you want to minimize crow's feet around the eyes as you age, I'm convinced that wearing sunglasses has an affect. A lot less squinting over the years....

I second the Spy Optics. I have a couple pair of the Micro Scoops, a pair of Curtis farmes, and the aluminum GTs. Great warranty, too.

I have had about five pairs of Oakleys and all have broke or been bent out of shape. I like Oakleys because they are light and don't give me a headache but damn they start to hurt the wallet after awhile. The plastic one always broke on me under normal use. I wasn't hard on them. Now bending my wire glasses have been my fault for hanging them from my jean pockets.

Oakley does not equal quality.