Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fire0nIce228

New Shades

One thing I've learned is Chadd's right. Losing or breaking sunglasses is a foregone conclusion, so finding a good pair at a reasonable price is the goal.

Sam's Club has some sunglasses that are among the best values I've seen. The brand name is something like Field And Stream and they cost $24. They have three models, all mirrored, in either blue or amber. The lenses aren't glass, but they seemed to be a high quality laminate, while the frames are sturdy.

By the way, if you want to minimize crow's feet around the eyes as you age, I'm convinced that wearing sunglasses has an affect. A lot less squinting over the years....

I agree with you after I have broken over five pairs of Oakleys but do the cheap ones block out UV rays? I have read that you can do more damage to your eys by wearing dark glass that have no UV protection. Your pupil opens wider therefor letting in more UV damaging light.

I agree with you after I have broken over five pairs of Oakleys but do the cheap ones block out UV rays? I have read that you can do more damage to your eys by wearing dark glass that have no UV protection. Your pupil opens wider therefor letting in more UV damaging light.

I think they have good UV protection -- the packaging seems to market them for fishermen and skiers.

I'm going to Sam's this afternoon, so I'll confirm.

All I know is the Oakleys that recently broke my mom bought years ago and then gave to me when she bought a pair of Smith sunglasses (same company as the ski goggles/dirtbike goggles). I had them in my possession for another three years before they finally got worn down and such from changing lenses and wear and tear to the point that the lense falls out if i hit a big enough bump in my car. I always kept them in the case when not wearing them and such and they stayed pretty nice for quite some time.

The thing that get me is they are so light. I love that :)

I agree with you after I have broken over five pairs of Oakleys but do the cheap ones block out UV rays?  I have read that you can do more damage to your eys by wearing dark glass that have no UV protection.  Your pupil opens wider therefor letting in more UV damaging light.

I think they have good UV protection -- the packaging seems to market them for fishermen and skiers.

I'm going to Sam's this afternoon, so I'll confirm.

The brand is Field & Stream and the packaging says 100% UV protection. They had two non-mirrored lenses this time, but they claim that the mirroring helps reflect light from the eyes.

I've got a bunch of pairs of sunglasses, but out of em all I like these two probaply the best.

gucci2eh.jpg

dg8cv.jpg

I really suggest Gucci, there really nice.

http://oakley.com/o/o2222d

Oakley Gascans. Just got a pair. They've got the newer style square look plus they're oakleys and not so expensive(90$ for non polarized)

I was going to get a pair of those, but settled for a pair of Fives 3.0 . Nonetheless i got them today and they're awesome.

My Oakley M Frames just broke, so now I'm lookin for some new sunglasses :(  What are you guys sporting now days?  Something with changable lenses would be great, cause I loved to use my yellow tinted lenses on dreary days, and they would be great for skiing which I recently started to learn how to do.

I cannot say enough about my Easton's!

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/index.php?showtopic=19202

they one piece? or fuse modled?

I'm not so big on those gascan type. I ended up getting Oakley Half Jackets, black with black iridium as well as persimmon lenses. $153 all together including the extra lenses. From what I read of user reviews on a few websites that sell them these (read: this particular style) of Oakley seems to stand up to a decent amount of punishment.

I really wanted to get the silver frames with black lenses, but the bitch wouldn't sell them to me that way. She wanted me to buy the silver frame with the rootbeer colored lenses, then buy the black lens as well as the persimmon.

Although it isn't on your list of choices, I'm looking forward to getting a pair of Oakley Wire Taps and Mag Four (if I can find em).

I'll find out if we have any.

Alright!!! Thanks, JR! I'll pick up 2 pairs of Wire Taps if you have em - 1 with Ice lenses (blue in color) and the other in the yellow color lenses.

I would have to check inventory. My location doesn't sell them, but I could have them sent over in time.

Good stuff. The Mag Fours aren't on the priority list, but depending on the list, I may pick up a pair as well.

My Oakley M Frames just broke, so now I'm lookin for some new sunglasses :(  What are you guys sporting now days?  Something with changable lenses would be great, cause I loved to use my yellow tinted lenses on dreary days, and they would be great for skiing which I recently started to learn how to do.

I cannot say enough about my Easton's!

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/index.php?showtopic=19202

they one piece? or fuse modled?

have they lasted more than a month?

I'm with Chadd on this one - I'd not even think about spending that much money on sunglasses, because....they're sunglasses!

I got a really nice pair today, paid €15 for them! :D

I'll add to the previous statement concerning the Oakley Half-Jackets. I own two pairs, Carbon Fiber and Black. I wouldn't go with the Carbon Fiber because from my experience, it's just a sort of coating over a grey matte and eventually as the carbon fiber paint chips off, it looks sorta shoddy. Also, I prefer the standard lens type as opposed to the XLJ Lens or whatever, but whatever floats your boat. The interchangable lens feature is definitely a plus.

I'd have to chock another vote up to the half-jackets. Me and a fwe other guys on the ball team swear by them, with the polarized lenses, there awesome. Just dont get the carbon ones, when it chips or fades, it looks like shit.